Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 16 September 2023

Busy, busy

Wednesday it was youngest daughter's birthday, so I took her out to lunch, we went into Portsmouth, Southsea, walked along the beach and had lunch in a beach side restaurant, watching the waves, the weather was kind, bright and warm. Molly was with us, boys were at school and nursery, three generations of females, just a few hours, but so much fun, Molly, now is very vocal, very cute and very cheeky.

Thursday we popped into town, got every thing on our list, a few more Christmas gifts, had a look in a few shops for ideas. Wilko is still open, but hardly any stock left, I got a couple more bean pole sets, useful for height in the garden, a few more packs of bulbs came home with me.

Friday I did another needle felting course in our local arts centre, the tutor was the same lady as before, making Luscious ladies, who gave me skills to make at home, this time we made a cat, less padding along the body and limbs, I now have skills to start making different animals, the short course was not too expensive, the classes are small, only 2 people on the day, which is good for learning, the other lady was on the wet felting course I did earlier in the year, it was nice to catch up. 

The tutors cat.

Another fantastic read, we are so lucky to have so many great authors, set on Somerset and Devon border, towns which I know, not that it mattered. Well written,  clever plot, a cold case, a few clues which gets every thing going, another author to add to my list. Book 28 read this year.



Today I am home alone, hubby is out until mid afternoon, I have Molly and Will for a couple hours, whilst mummy takes George to view some schools, with his disabilities, Will's school is not the best choice for him, so huge choices have to be made. Tomorrow I am out with all 3 children and mummy to a DS charity picnic, I hope the weather is going to be kind. 

My last post had loads of interest and comments, I start and end my day in autumn, in between is summer for as long as I can have it, so porridge for breakfast, salad for lunch and these evening a slightly more hearty meal. It feels true September here and we worship any sunny days we have, making the most of being outside whilst we can. 

I have a few projects nearing the finish line, but I also have a busy couple of weeks, things will be finished as I find time. Hubby is outside in the garden working, he has removed all the screws from the decking, he has left the planks down, they are not moving, we just have to be careful for a while, he needed to know where the rats have been going. We are in full swing on plans, looking at paving and making decisions on how things will be done, happily my plans work for everyone involved.  

7 comments:

  1. Where would we be without our daughters, mine is also my friend. I love that little cat.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely photo of the three of you. I hope you enjoy your day out today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely photograph of the three of you.
    I do like the felt cat.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog. Love the felted cat and that book perked my interest. Love a good cold case mystery! B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your felted cat is brilliant ! You should feel very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a good felted cat. You did very well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to have a girly day out together. The felted cats are super cute.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails