Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 21 September 2023

Finishes

 I have finished my leftie shawl, this is a gift, I love knitting this design, it's simple but so beautiful. I do sort the ends as I am knitting, it's a job I don't like, so leaving them all to the finish would make the end of the project not so enjoyable. The leaves make an interesting design, I have made it in many different colours. 

These socks are for my sister, part of her Christmas gift, she can knit, but chooses not too, she has been giving me hints for a while now. This will be the last part of her and her partners Christmas gift. I don't have any other gifts to make this year. They should be finished in a couple of evenings, a simple stocking stitch, with the yarn doing all the work. 

I had another go at making a cat at home, using all the bits I already have, it's much easier to make them a second time, as I understand how the final cat should look. I made the head and features bigger this time, maybe a bit too big, he still looks good, I love the mixed colour fibre I am using and I have a plan to use it again. 

The weather is keeping us inside, which is good as it makes hubby slow down, he is itching to get the raised beds done so he can dig them in, I would rather he paced himself and ensure he is not too tired. I get my fix from houseplants on days I can't get out, both these plants are my stars at the moment, the cactus is in the bathroom and full of colour, the bulb, Albuca Spiralis Frizzle Sizzle is on my desk and is growing, as I have said often, I love leaves which curl. 
Another book finished, I got this one from the works, from the start I was not sure, it felt like one of those books where everyone was young, successful and having a perfect life, I know loads of people love books like that. I did enjoy the plot, not as much as others I have read, I guessed the conclusion, but not totally how she would finish the book. Book 29 read this year.

Sunday morning and at bedtime we had thunder and lightning, with heavy rain most of the time in-between, Monday started dull, we again had heavy rain in the morning, so plenty of inside time, crafting, I have almost finished another task, I hope to be able to post soon. 

Tuesday we met with sign ladies at a local garden centre for coffee, we did have a walk around, with all the work going on in the garden, I did not purchase anything, we did look at furniture, we hoped there may have been something in the end of season sales we liked, not this time. It was cold and windy outside, the season has changed, sadly this week, I'm wearing long trousers, socks and trainers, I have also pulled out a warm knitted cardigan, summer has departed. Hubby is still wearing shorts. 

Wednesday was another wet and windy day, we walked to the village,  which was quiet, our market had been called off, we got a brilliant bargain in Iceland, Felixstowe pouches, 2 big boxes for£20, we got 4 boxes, so our cats are sorted for months to come.

I did have a bit of a wobble for a while, on seeing the size of the veg beds and the proposed new layout, was I making the right decisions, I'm closer to 70 than young, was this going to be too much for me to cope with. I have wanted to grow veg ever since we moved here, but nothing we did worked for me, so doubts crept in, I know once the veg beds are put in place they won't look so huge, and once I start planting they will become small quickly. I have to trust myself and my hubby, who will ensure things are done right, the landscaper will sort the rest closer to the house, we are just waiting for a start date. I have moved tender plants into my greenhouse, I plan to move other pots up to the area around the greenhouse, just until the work has been done, then I have to sneak them back nearer to the house.  

6 comments:

  1. You have been busy. I rarely have a completion date in mind for my projects, which is just as well as I so often go off at a tangent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shawls you make are so lovely. Self-striping yarn always fascinates me. I'm sure the raised veggie beds will work out successfully, your hubby will see to that and you'll be pleased at how much produce you can grow next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the shawl, the socks look great too.
    I'm sure the raised vegetable beds will work out fine for you...

    Enjoy your weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so many finishes. I love that cat and think it looks just perfect. It would make a great pin.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the scarf and socks. What lovely gifts. Your cat is delightful. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your latest cat. He looks a real character. The socks look cosy too.
    I'm sure your raised beds will be just right for veg growing next year. They always seem much bigger when empty. I wouldn't be without mine.
    B x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails