Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 1 May 2020

Who loves a list, with things crossed off

I got my sock yarn out and started another pair of Christmas socks, these are ladies size, so a quicker knit, it's good to have something simple in my hands.
 This simple stripe works on many levels, below is the change over side, and almost every time it works smoothly, carrying the yarn over each row keeps it neat and hardly any ends to sew in. 
My crochet blanket is growing, 
I am loving the mixed colours squares, more photo's soon. 
Back at the end of March I made a list of things I wanted to do, I have crossed 3 big task off the list, and worked on 2, my book and BSL course. I have started another pair of socks for a Christmas gift. 


I have added a couple more task to my list, it feels good to be looking at my WIP and bringing them out to see them grow and hopefully get finished. 


These list will be never ending, but it's good to focus my mind, the recent few wet days have been wonderful, the garden water buts are full again, and gives me crafting time inside. I do feel sorry for anyone without outside space, living in a flat at these times must be hard, and with children even harder, Daughter Su is forever explaining to Will why they can't do things, they do have a garden so he can play outside.
I'm having problems with my shoulder and back, both ache, both stop me doing things, I now realise with my shoulder, it's not about lifting things, I can't stretch and do things, often that chore is just within reach, and I have to now stop reaching. My back I twisted when lifting a pot in the garden and now the low back aches if I stand or sit for too long. Nothing can be done with my shoulder and left side, it's issues leftover from so many operations in 2010 & 2012, I do have tablets to take away the nerve pains I get, but they make me sleepy, so I only use them at night. The back will mend it's self, until I twist it again. I'm not feeling sorry for myself, just frustrated and annoyed, I do so much without thinking, and then I suffer.
So with the wet weather and my aches it's craft time, other than sewing machine and loom, both not good for my back, so knitting and crochet time, I did look at my hexagons I have loads ready for stitching together, I will hang my head in shame, the linked post was from 2016, hummm, just maybe another for my list.

7 comments:

  1. I'm definitely a list maker, I love to see things get crossed off as they're done. Your socks and blanket are coming on very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been a list-maker and it is so satisfying being able to cross tasks off when completed. I find making a list stops me trying to keep everything in my head - and then forgetting them! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a list maker too, it keeps me motivated. I so envious of your sock making. How difficult are socks to make? I'd love to have a go. Do you put elastic in them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also wrote a list at the beginning of lockdown. There's still a few things left on it to do, but I've done more things than is on it as I keep finding more things I want to do as I lockdown progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. List maker here as well and the crossing off of various things gives me a feeling of peace.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely a list person, always have been, it just focuses your thoughts and helps you plan.

    Sorry about your aches and pains, sending my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. A list maker here. At the moment its getting updated daily with silly things that I keep forgetting to do as I sit doing other things or answer the phone and forget what I was doing before.
    Have a lovely weekend, hope the back is eased by the new week.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails