Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 14 May 2020

In my hands


Another new author for me, I enjoyed this book, different story line, I would read another of his. This being my 27th book read this year. 
Book 28, I always love this author and I loved the way the cast came together, very clever. 
Just 80 pages, so a short read, I enjoyed it and wanted the story to carry on, it could have, they sorted issue which threw up another. Book 29
I've done another glass ornament, I purchased some larger cut circles, this is as big as I can use in my kiln, I used different thickness of glass, just to see what works,  the blue disc is just too thick to work well, to get the soft edges I fused for longer, but that made the clear circle edges go a bit too thin, my sister Lena has decided she would like this one. For my reference, I fused for 10 minutes and then a further 2 minutes.  
One sock is finished knitting, just the toes and loose ends to sort, the second sock is almost at the heal pickup point, not done loads on these.
I am still enjoying this blanket, I have not stitched the ends in as yet, but I will start the task soon, it's getting so big I have to pop it on the floor to take a photo, I am still using the 1st ball of each colour and have a 2nd ball to use. Not sure how long it will become, should be enough for my lap blanket. 

The colder weather has been a shock, we have been lucky the night temperatures have not dropped close to freezing, all my plants in the greenhouse are doing well. it will be a few more weeks before I start to plant out, it's hard to wait, but I know I must. 
Most days have been inside, I am a fine weather gardener, always have been, so plenty of crafting and reading has been done. 


3 comments:

  1. It's nice to have so many hobbies to flit between, I think we'd get bored otherwise. It's been much cooler here but it's sunny again today and we're in for warmer temperatures again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What would we do without our hobbies, they have been a god send during this time at home. Yes the cold was a shock after all that warm weather, I did lots of work int he garden on Tuesday because it was cooler, I don't like doing gardening when it's hot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having lots of hobbies to choose from has helped us all in recent times. We've had a couple of frosty nights this past week.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails