Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 5 May 2020

Growing season.

Peony time, I love these blooms
 Last of my tulips, 
these should have been red, but I do love the pink
 Alliums, not a bud at all, disappointing
 Hosta's love the shade in front of my shed, just popped the big one on a stool this morning. The tiny plant in the front was growing with the variegated plant, so I moved it to it's own pot. 
 My seedlings are getting a good size, these are spaced so I am not going to pot them on, I love cosmos, these are white and hubby loves french marigolds. 
 More cosmos, these are mixed colours and some Godetia, I want a few bulky patches of them in the garden. I will pass some to my neighbour.  I also have some Zinna's but only 6 plants and my english marigolds just did not grow, another disappointment. I have last weekend sown some chamomile seeds for the big pot in my herb garden. 
 Herbs, lemon grass and lavender cuttings, all looking good. 
 Tomatoes and in the 2 big pots cucumbers, still tiny but growing. I got 3 plants from the pet shop for the pots at the side of the house, they will be planted with french marigolds. 
 More marigolds and cut and come lettuce. 
The rain has done loads to help the garden, and the plants in the greenhouse are all doing well, I have almost no space left inside the greenhouse, but I don't mind, just a few more weeks and then I can plant out.
Last year I purchased 2 salvis, hotlips plants, they have survived the winter outside and are growing, so I have taken cuttings in hope I get a few more plants, not bad for £1 spent.
Hubby purchased a wall mounted growing frame for his rose in our front garden, it was sold in a pack of 2, I was going to use the 2nd for my bramble at the bottom of the garage, but changed my mind and decided it would be better for the jasmine next to the house, it keeps getting tangled in the rain down pipe, hubby is forever connecting the pipe back to the roof section. I wanted to trim the plant as it has become very top heavy, so we set about sorting, whilst I was cutting away some of the plant, I managed to twist and bend, nothing silly, but enough to set my back going again, so I am hobbling about again. I was bad on Sunday, Monday I felt a bit better, but still not able to do much, today I am still aware of the issue, but I am moving better, my office chair gives brilliant support, is that an excuse to linger here longer. 

7 comments:

  1. It's all looking good. I sympathise with you about your back, I had sciatica a couple of months ago and I still keep getting twinges now. There's just nothing much you can do for a bad back really, just wait for the pain to go and try not to aggravate it more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your seedlings are looking very good. I wish we'd sown more flowers for a bit of colour. Maybe we still can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely plants growing well.
    Our alliums have no flowers this year either, Dh thought it might have been the prolonged wet we had earlier in the year.
    We've also got some tulips still holding on.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, the joys and sorrows of gardening! There is always something that grows well and something else that doesn't.
    I hope your back feels better soon - your plants need you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything seems to be coming along nicely. I do love hostas, so many colours to choose from.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flowers look so good, the only tulips that are still carrying flowers are my black parrots. My hostas are doing well, I saw someone planting a bed out to eat, I knew that they were edible and have to split mine this autumn so may try them. all my salad leaves are doing well and the herbs are soaking up this heat. I wouldn't mand another rain though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those blooms are just so pretty, gorgeous colour.
    Take care, I do hope your back feels better soon.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails