Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 18 May 2020

In the greenhouse


All my plants from the raised bed is now in pots, I do have loads
Pots are all different sizes and types, to add interest. 
These look good in the tall bin, the pot is lemon and it adds to the colour, 3 have roots and the front 3 have been cut from the leggy plant, I have done this before and they grew. I have still the roots of the original plant in a pot to see if the grow again. 
I only have a third of this bed left, I have popped the soil in a compost bag and added rich compost and chicken poo pellets, I will plant a cucumber plant in it. 
I took the cutting from my geranium last year, the mother plant is in my raised bed by the back door, it is still growing, I took this cutting as I was worried the plant would not survive the winter months, so now I have 2 plants, I just love the colours in the leaves.  
The Begonia was purchased last year, it has been in the greenhouse all winter, and will soon be put on a table in the garden. 
A friend brought me back a pack of seeds from a holiday, I planted them last year, very pretty flowers, but the plant will have to stay in the greenhouse. 
2 cucumber plants now growing. 
Both tomato plants doing well. 
I have some of my bedding plants outside, I cover them at night, this spot on our bench is a perfect place to leave them for a week, before planting in the garden.
I have been really disappointing with marigold seeds this year, 3 packs all purchased last year, still in date did not grow. 

I spent most of Saturday in the garden, and a couple of hours in the greenhouse, doing task slowly, stopping for regular drinks and ensuring I don't twist my back again. I always feel good when outside, dirty nails and hands, working with plants and soil. Hubby went along the fence line and cut back all the stray plants coming into our garden, I am not a fan of fences covered in climbing plants. It was a beautiful warm sunny day here, after a shower we sat and watched recorded TV, I caught up with Monty, it's so sad not to see Nigel in his garden. 
Sunday was a much duller start to the day, but it was always going to be a restful day here, hubby is watching me to ensure I don't over do things.  We had a couple of local walks, one just a short drive away, which we loved, it does feel good to get out. Later we made home made Pizza, which we both love and a glass of red wine, we opened the bottle the night before. 
Loads of reading and planning time, my head is full of how I hope the greenhouse will look, it is a working greenhouse, but I also like to display my nasties away from the grandsons. 
Today, it's sunny and warm, so time outside is planned.







6 comments:

  1. It sounds like a lovely weekend, pottering in the garden, a bit of TV viewing and some nice walks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love hearing about your garden exploits. Funny how some years some seeds just hate growing, like the marigolds. Perhaps they know something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its cold and wet and not very nice here so a day INSIDE is in order - no problem with sitting on my behind knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you achieved a lot in your garden, Marlene, by taking things slowly and enjoying time outside. I love pottering in my garden. I need to do some repotting too. MegXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only problem here is the fact that she needs to get more marigolds growing. They're my favourite flower. The garden does look lovely though

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails