Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 30 April 2020

April round-up

So I have managed to spend some money this month, firstly I got an order for glass, I had run out of the special paper you put on the bottom of the kiln, it stops your glass sticking to the base, I did pop a couple more things in as well.  In the garden, I got some seeds and a couple of tomato plants from our local pet shop, and I got 2 big plant pots from a local place delivered here. Normally April is an expensive month, I buy my bedding plants and grow them on before planting next month. This year my greenhouse is full of seedling.

I spent nothing on clothes, £6 on a book and hubby spent £4 on some cut flowers for me.

We are saving on haircuts, neither of us look too bad at the moment, hubby a bit like a mad professor, mine is just a bit longer, for some reason in February I asked her to cut my bob a bit shorter.

Our shopping was more expensive, we have a bit more than normal in the house, but we are not wasting anything, fresh veg, dairy and fridge items are only purchased if we need them. I see no point in grabbing things just because you see them. Most of our shopping is online, we had a delivery this week, again we are getting a normal for us shop, never sure what will be sent. This won't last forever, we manage with what we have and change habits when we are unable to get things.

The car has been to our local garage, we had been thinking of using them, a warning light came on, so hubby took it to be sorted, unexpected £201 later, the wheel bearing has been done.
Our replacement fence is on hold, once life resumes the guys will come and do the task, money sits in our bank account, we did pay for supplies, but he refunded the money, decent guy, he is looking at dates soon.
Heating is still 'on', but the weather is kind and the boiler does not click in much, soon it will be time to close the heating side down.

Our garden waste collection has started again this month, which is helpful my bag is full, only one bag per household, we have again looked to see if we could get a compost bin in the garden, but every bit of space is used, as much as I would like one, we have no space. The recent wet days has filled our 2 water butts again, so I am happy with water levels. Most of the bedding plants are growing, so the garden should be full of colour.





4 comments:

  1. I think a lot of people will be sporting hair which is longer than normal. I've offered to cut Mick's for him but he declined for some unknown reason, haha. Our brown bin (garden waste) collection is on hold for now, they're still doing the black and green waste collections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My last hair cut was 17th March and I asked her to cut the back much shorter so my hair isn't looking too bad. We must have had a 6th sense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our green bin is still being emptied every fortnight, the refuse people have been amazing and always arrive with a smile on their face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am beginning to look like Albert Einstein each and every morning. Takes a bit of work to get the hair down where it belongs.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails