Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 10 February 2020

Ciara has arrived.

Saturday was a beautiful day, it did get breezy later in the afternoon, but the blue skies stayed and it felt spring like, it was not as cold as it has been. 
 24 hours later, high winds and loads of rain, storm Ciara has arrived, no overnight damage to our garden, what a difference, today feels cold. We have lost fence panels along the horrible neighbours side, which will be fun to get replaced. Locally we are not aware of any trees down. 
 Purdy spends most of her time outside, on days like these, 
she sits at the patio door looking out. 
 Grace has the right idea,
warm and dry under the radiator.
 I spent Saturday emptying all the cabinets in the dining room and packing everything small which can be moved into our spare bedroom, hubby wants to finish the decorating. If you remember he started back in 2018, did all upstairs, the hall, spare room and bathroom, he was ready to start our living areas, when he was taken ill and went to hospital for his heart operation. In August 2019, we decided to finish downstairs, I emptied the 2 rooms, the next day he was unwell and again ended in hospital, having a smaller operation. So with a warning to him 'don't get ill' we are hoping to finish the decorating. None of it is hard, when we moved in 10 years ago, we had all the walls and ceilings plastered smooth, and then painted, all the wood on the door frames and skirting boards were stripped, so they only require a rub down before painting.
Sunday was a lazy day, just too wet and windy to go out, I did finish one sock and stitched in all the ends from the stripes, my wool order came on Saturday, so I did more knitting on my cardigan, it does grow very quickly. Later we moved the units to the middle of the dining room.
Today has started sunny and windy, but it won't last. I am out, hubby prefers it, he likes to get on with the decorating alone.  So this morning I'm going to a coffee morning with daughter, Will and George, I was due to have lunch with friends, but one lady needed to travel by ferry, not a good idea in this weather, so we will re-book. I will probably spend more time with boys and daughter.


9 comments:

  1. Is he available for hire? No decorating here unless I initiate it . . . sigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciara has all but wrecked the trike shed. It was almost over on it's side on Sunday morning, only the fence and the weight of the trike were keeping it from going right over. We got it upright and got the trike into the dining room and lashed the shed together with some old mower flex. The storm still rages on today. Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was rather blustery yesterday wasn't it. It didn't keep me awake, once i'm asleep i don't hear a thing!
    I keep out of the way too if Mark is doing any jobs, I find he gets far more done if i'm not there, lol.
    Have a lovely week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the decorating, just think how nice it will be when its finished. Enjoy your day out xcx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope all goes to plan with the decorating this time ... third time lucky they say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely excuse to spend more time with your daughter and her boys. I used to disappear when my hubby decorated - it was better for ME if I was out of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you were spared any sizeable damage with the storm. Your kitties sure look sweet. They know the best place to chill, when it's cold. We got a storm recently, with a very loud thunder clap. Ear piercing. My husband said, I'm glad we don't have pets or they'd be freaking out right now. We've had them in the past, and always hated the wild storms, when they passed through. Purdy seems fearless though, lol.

    I hope the only drama you experience with the decorating, is which paint colour to choose. I agree, no more trips to hospital for your husband, I hope. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purdy is fearless, she has chased foxes from the garden and is not frightened of fireworks or thunder and lightening. She was a stray for the 1st year of her life and she learn't to watch everything.

      Delete
  8. I hope the decorating's going well. I leave all those type of jobs to Mick, I'm useless at DIY. It's still blustery here but the rain seems to have stopped at last today, the forecast is for more of the same though, high winds and rain.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails