Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 22 February 2020

Potty plans

It's not Mothering Sunday for a few weeks, but I fell in love with this pot from Asda, and hubby purchased it for me as a gift, at 12" high it's not huge, I love these head pots, but so often they are so expensive, this is plastic (I know), but it will last for years. I have the perfect plant to go in it already in the garden, where it is planted it's not thriving and is lost within other plants. 
 This is for my back garden, in the corner where I have planted a pale pink Peony, this is a late summer plant, so will look good as the Peony is going over. 
I have seen these planters, I have my Olive tree in a huge round grey one, I plan to purchase one for the decking, I have lemongrass and lemon balm to go in it. I will get a grey one, but could only find the green ones shown online. 
I will sort pots out in March, it's a bit early to do them in February, I will also need another bag of compost. I try and pop out in the garden between the rain storms, but the ground is just so wet. I have popped more snowdrops in the ground, I can purchase them from our local Wednesday market, they are sold in the green, so the bulb is growing with leaves and flower, I find in my heavy clay soil they have a better chance of surviving.
Thank you for your comments, so many of us are making garden plans, it's that time of year, when hope appears and spring follows.
The tin of paint arrived Wednesday, so hubby finished painting the last wall on Thursday afternoon, it's great everywhere is finished. I had a long lazy afternoon doing my nails, he did not want any help, by evening time everything was back in place and looking tidy. He has also replaced the cut tiles around the boiler in the kitchen, luckily we had some spares. So no major work for the rest of this year. We do need to build our savings again, but we are snug and warm, so we did spend well.
I finished The Librarian of Auschwitz, a good read, I can't imagine anyone being so cruel to another person for any reason, life in the camps was unbearable, and my sadness is in our world, we still have so many issues against religion, ethnics, and anyone who is different. Sadly people do not learn from the past, and some of those with the power, use it in ways that disgust the majority of us. I am just starting The Family Upstairs, by Lisa Jewell, I have knitting to and craft to show, which will be in my next post.
Today we have Will and George, so mummy and daddy can have a relaxing day together, they are going to watch a film, have a nice lunch out, I feel it's so important to allow them time to be a couple, parenthood is just so demanding. I was lucky once our girls were school age my mum had them often in the school holidays, my daughter has wonderful memories of time with her nan.

3 comments:

  1. I nearly picked up a dahlia or two myself this week, it's a few years since I've grown them but they're such lovely plants and give so much colour. I resisted this time but I may buy some. The thing which I can't understand is that there's holocaust deniers, where do they think these millions of people disappeared to? I'm the same as you, I don't know how anyone could hurt another human being. I've heard a lot about The Family Upstairs, and though it's not my usual genre, it does sound as though I might enjoy it. Enjoy your day with Will and George, your daughter and son in law are lucky to get so much alone time together. My parents had my kids a lot when they were young, it's lovely that children can build up their own relationship with grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if I have lost a comment somewhere .... your pot is super, reminds me of Easter Island.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my book group has just read the Family Upstairs and really enjoyed it, I hope you do too.
    What a great pot, will the plant look like his hair??

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails