Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 6 February 2020

Busy

I have finished my 3rd ball of yarn on the body of the cardigan, and decided rather than keep going, I would start on one sleeve, just to see how far a 50grm ball of yarn would go. 
 The design states I will need another 4 balls of yarn, but I want to make sure that will be enough, so I am aiming to finish one sleeve to be able to order the correct amount of yarn to finish this project. I purchased on line, so I don't want to run out and have to order more and pay postage, neither do I want loads left over. The woolwarehouse has a very quick to delivery any order, I do use other sites,  Lovecrafts are also goood on delivery and both are good on prices.
 I have started the first of my Christmas socks, I was pleased to have them all finished well before they were needed last year, and I would like to repeat it again this year. Every one is having striped socks, I find them a joy to knit, I have loads of different shades. 
 I have not read Elizabeth Haynes before and found this book brilliant from the start, it's not a short book, the plot is tight, not too many people to cloud the plot. This being my 8th book this year. 
A gift for George, a friend knitted this jacket for him, it is beautiful and feels very warm, and probably a bit big for him, can't wait to see him in it, he is growing fast so it won't be long until he is snug in it. 
 She made a point of finding these toggle buttons to finish off her work.
Tuesday I met with sign ladies, we had fun with a few old fashioned songs, we are not a class, but none of us want to lose our ability to sign, so coffee morning dates are in our diary, followed by a lazy afternoon. The gas men are working on the other side of our street, so loads of holes in the pavements and loads of mud, not great for walking.
Wednesday we should have had Will for a few hours, but he got very wound up and would not get in the car, so daddy stayed at home with him, mummy took George for a checkup at our local hospital, it is one of many George will have this year and throughout his life.
Today I have had my haircut, my hairdresser is not going back to the shop after the birth of her baby, she found me on facebook and offered to come to my house and do my hair, it's also a saving of £10 each time, so a double win. I will speak to my neighbour Chris and see if she wants to have the same service as well, Chris always went to this hairdresser. Later we are going out for lunch, we have not treated ourselves for ages, it's nice and sunny so we are popping to our local posh marina, we can watch big expensive boats as we eat.

7 comments:

  1. Your cardigan is coming along great! Poor Will; we all have days like that :( I have my hair cut every 8 weeks; a nice, short, easy wash and go style. Enjoy your lunch. Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice cardigan gift for George, such a nice pattern and the toggles finish it off a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really is a double win about your hairdresser :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you both enjoyed your lunch. Sitting and watching how the other half live (aka The Wealthy Ones) is always interesting. Sometimes I think it would be nice to have big expensive things, then other times I find I am quite content with my simple life. Mxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love our simple life, but it is nice to watch others.

      Delete
  5. You are moving right along with your cardigan.

    Love the sweater for George.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your jumper. and the baby jacket. I use Love Crafts for my wool. would recommend them to anyone.

    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails