Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday, 20 September 2026

Reading

I had a small harvest today, the potatoes,  carrots and runner beans we had for lunch, the raspberries we ate with ice cream. Tomatoes were chopped and frozen. My cut flowers bags suffered in the hot summer, I'm surprised to have any to cut.

Another book in the DCI Pat Lennon team, a young teenager is murdered, then a second girl is found, they are linked but how? A clever plot into a world the police and myself did not know, no super heroic stuff, just peeling away layers, I do enjoy these characters created in these books. Book 71 read this year. 


Two timelines, one where she is recovering from a head wound after a suspected burglary, she is in a rehab centre, trying to peirce things together, and her story up to the shooting, I always love this author. Book 72 read this year.


This story is happening around the village of cheddar, including the world famous gorge, sheep are slaughtered, a man attacked and a girl abducted, are they linked and how, a realistic plot of police work, how things can be missed, how breaks happen with the smallest of information. Book 73 read this year.


Another new author for me, set in Stoke on Trent, not a place I have visited, a clever plot along side her own story, I guessed just before half way one one the twist, and later the murderer, neither spoilt the plot, the ending is open, there are other books in this series.  Book 74 read this year.


Second book in the series, whilst investigating a double murder, Kate is also hunting dirty police, officers with higher rank than her, again I guessed the first twist, it did not spoil the plot. Book 75 read this year. 



Saturday was another grey day, we had rain again overnight, I popped to sit with Will and George whilst Molly went to a birthday party, Will told me about his recent school trip, a couple of days away, he missed home at bedtime but enjoyed the rest. Daughter has had more alarms added to her house, alerts on the front door and Georges bedroom window, George is very quick to escape if he can, he can now already master the dead lock previously fitted to her door. There are flood alerts under the sinks in each of the bathrooms, he has a fascination with water and has flooded the family bathroom a few times.

Later we went out for a meal with daughter to celebrate our 40 year anniversary and her recent birthday, we ate at a local Thai restaurant, it was our first time, daughter had been before, we caught the bus in and taxi home, we were back just before 10pm.

We needed to tidy our spare room, and empty the wardrobe space, we have a visitor later this week, it is good to sort inside the wardrobe as it had become a dumping ground for bits, they have now found homes or will be sent to charity shop. I did put the new Christmas tree together to ensure it was all OK, it's now packed into the attic.

It's really good to see everyone's post on my feed again, the side bar on my blog is not updating, I can live with that, plenty of catching up to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails