Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 27 January 2020

New start

I have started knitting my top down cardigan, as shown in this post, I am very new to knitting top down, I have made a jumper for me, and 2 children's jumpers, I always like to make the body length longer and always the sleeves shorter, and on my jumper I found it much easier to do. 
Up close, garter stitch shoulders, the rest is stocking stitch. 
Not sure about this book, I did finish it, but I don't think I will seek another book by her.
Another new author for me, this being my 7th book this year, I am enjoying it so far, this week is fore caste for wet and windy weather, so perfect for afternoons reading or knitting. 
I have popped a few supports in for the Amaryllis, it is growing each day, the second bud was down in the hoops just a couple of days ago. 
Yet again it's a Monday morning, how quickly they arrive, and almost the end of January, which always feels a long month.
We had a busy few days, my sister Lena and her partner came on Friday, we had a quiet night in together, hubby made a wonderful curry, we were able to catch up on loads of news.
Saturday mummy and daddy brought Will and George over, so George got to meet his great aunt, we spent the morning together, we love chatter and laughter in our little home. Later I was able to start my knitting, my sister had her crochet blanket with her. Another lovely meal at home, this time with a glass of wine, it's just too yuck to go out anywhere.
Sunday we had a late english breakfast, and then my sister drove home, it rained most of the afternoon, so after sorting the spare bed and doing the laundry, we sat I knitted and hubby read, a quiet time after the busy few days. Later we watched a few catch up programmes on TV.
This morning I have both Will and George, hubby and daughter will pop to Ikea for a few things daughter needs, later daughter is here for tea, and a possible sleep over, she has not decided as yet, her hubby is away this week. The weather is wet, so no plans to take the boys out, photo's next time.

8 comments:

  1. Nice start to your cardigan, love the colour.
    Sounds like you had a lovely weekend with all your visitors.
    My daugher comes to mine for a sleepover when her boyfirend is working nights :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the picture of the amaryllis supports. My amaryllis are starting to flop and I have some of those supports somewhere... will have to look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chatter and laughter make a house a home, and adding the sounds of children playing makes it super happy. Glad you had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I 've yet to try knitting top down.. She Lies In Wait was our book group read a couple of months ago, it had mixed re-views.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the look of the new cardigan, I've never tried top down, maybe something to learn this year.
    My amaryllis has a lot of leaves and the flower head is certainly growing each day at a good rate.
    Happy times with family, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colour of your sweater.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely colour for your cardigan. I enjoy knitting top down as once you're past the armholes it's more or less just plain knitting. Where's your amaryllis's leaves? It's funny how they grow so different, mine had loads of leaves last year whereas my dad's only had a couple. The one I've got this year seems to be growing really slowly. Glad you had a good weekend, I really miss times like that with my sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a couple of tips of leaves at the bulb, but as yet none has grown.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails