Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 11 January 2020

Normal life continues

I saw this lovely wooden box, half price at £7.50,
to beautiful to be left in the shop. 
 I had wanted to purchase this book before Christmas, but it was also on my wish list, it is a beautiful book, it was reduced, so glad I waited.
I have finished Lies,lies,lies by Adele Parks, as expected it was a brilliant book, she always delivers a good plot, this is my 2nd book this year.
The Sting, Kimberley Chamber is a new author to me, I've read over half and it's gripping, not a story line I would normally read.  
 I have popped some more lemon grass in water, purchased from a supermarket, I have some already in a pot, but it's not full enough, I want a pot near the outside dining table this summer to ward off flies and smells from next door. 
 My coffee plants which were purchased in a coffee cup last year are doing well, I love the deep shade of green on the leaves, I hope soon to have some flowers, but I can't see me getting coffee beans. I have another lot in the coffee cup and can't decide if I should pot them up outside and see if they survive. 
 Christmas cake is shrinking, both hubby and I agree it was the most moist cake I have made, the only difference this year, when I baked my cake I used a cake tin cuff, soaked in water to stop the side from burning. 
So the 1st full week of January is over, we have not done anything exciting, we popped to Asda for a few things, had a list and avoided all the Christmas stuff.  We also popped into town on Thursday, got a bargain on some new water glasses, selling at 50p each, we got 8. I also got the wooden Christmas box, I did look at loads of reduced Christmas stuff, but most I could do without. Hubby looked at clothes but decided there was nothing he liked, I did not even look, I am hoping to keep my clothes spend low again this year, hopefully I will lose my weight and use the pile of tight clothes I already own.
I attended the 1st diabetes meeting, which I found very interesting, the guy showed us how and why we had issues, this class was all about understanding what is happening to our bodies, the class is every 3 weeks. I have been really good this week, no snacks, keeping to the meal plans and cutting back how much I eat, on Tuesday and Thursday I am eating breakfast much later and not eating a lunch, dinner is at 5pm, hubby is matching me, and it's working for us. I have walked a couple of times as well, so a positive start.
I spent most time reading and knitting squares, I would like to knit something bigger, but I can't find a pattern I like, I really do not need another shawl, I have been looking at cardigans. Nothibg doing in the garden, too wet to work outside, I do pop to my greenhouse a couple times a week.
Friday the sign ladies met for coffee, but I was unable to make it, I waited in for a new boiler to be delivered, it will be fitted on Monday.
Our street is a bit of a mess at this time, our local water company is digging holes further down the street and British gas is replacing every ones ageing pipes, so they too have holes everywhere.

6 comments:

  1. Isn't it lovely to be getting back to what is normal for each of us.

    The coffee plant looks very interesting.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lots of clothes that don't fit at the moment, so no new clothes buying for me, I need to loose that Christmas weight. Our Christmas cake is all gone, (probably why my clothes don't fit, lol), and very lovely it was too :-) I will probably make two smaller ones this time and give one away. I've never seen a coffee plant, it looks very healthy. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have about the same amount of Christmas cake left too. Hubby will have to have a slice with his morning coffee each day when he’s working from home, as I’ve had more than my fair share and as delicious as it is, I’m fed up with it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't ever get fed up with home made Christmas cake.

      Delete
  4. Only a couple of slices of our Christmas cake left, then I can get back to being good.
    A lovely wooden box

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely wooden box …
    Pleased you found your first diabetes meeting helpful …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails