Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 20 January 2020

Not the best

My Hellebore's are in bloom, this one is planted in the ground, I did plant 2 others but they have not grown, more casualties of our heavy clay soil. 
 This is in a pot at the back of the garden, along with a grass my younger daughter gave me for a birthday gift a few years ago. 
 These is still colour in the garden, these pots are placed in between the large fruit pots, by the decking. 
I have not done much in the last few days, it's too yucky to go outside much in my garden, and I have nothing I can do, my greenhouse this time of year looks after it's self other than a bit of watering. Our streets are mucky from all the gas works, our pavements are full of holes.
Friday I spent the day at home, without gas as they renewed the pipes, and they required access to our gas meter in the day, which is in our kitchen, our house has been completed, but it all took much longer than expected, the gasmen had problems with neighbours in the street, I don't understand why people think it's OK to be rude to workmen, who in this case are safeguarding our gas. Daughter came over to keep me company with Will and baby George, who is not too well, we put a stool by the window and opened the blinds so Will could watch the men in the holes, it was a lovely time chatting together.
Saturday we walked to the library, I gave up reading, Blood and Honey by Graham Hurley, I managed 200+ pages, it was interesting to know the locations in the book, the plot had 2 stories and the private lives of 2 police officers, but it was slow and I struggled from the start, so now I have 3 more books to read.
Saturday evening we had an evening with some neighbours, but sadly we left early after a call from daughter, George had been taken to our local good hospital with breathing difficulties, he was given oxygen for 2 days which helped him to breath and kept his heart rate down. I spent most of Sunday with daughter in the baby unit, George looks so tiny in the bed, it has been very worrying time, we hope he will come home today. In the past 2 months George has stolen our hearts, as did his older brother Will and all our grandsons, I'm finding being at home waiting for better news hard going,

10 comments:

  1. Sending you hugs. It's such a difficult time when loved ones are poorly and in hospital, especially when they're only tiny babies. I'm sure that good news will be on the way soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you Marlene, really hope there is good news today and that George can come home soon.

    The hellebores are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, i'm sorry to read that George is not well. It's hard when little ones are poorly, the worry doesn't stop when your children are grown up because when they have children of their own you just get more people to worry over. I hope he is back home soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Maggie says the bigger the family gets there are more to worry about.Ihope you have better news about George today but the hours do drag when you are waiting for news.Thinking about you.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor little George :( Love and hugs are being sent for a speedy recovery. Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending healing thoughts for baby George.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing George a speedy recovery. I hope he's back at home soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending special hugs to you and your daughter and the rest of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. {{hugest hugs]] to you all Marlene.
    For me, it's worse now I have a granddaughter, you worry more as you are concerned for your own child and then it doubles for their child. I hope George came home after you posted this and he is now much improved and you are all calmer. Much love x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hugely worrying for you all. Healing hugs to George.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails