Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 30 May 2017

Spot the difference

This morning
 This evening
 I have been given a walnut sapling
something different for me to grow  
It's a spot the difference in the first two photo's, hubby had a big garden project, which took all day, and is very pleasing as we expected the task to take two days.
We now have a nice new lawn, the whole area has been leveled and raised slightly giving the garden a finished look. We have had the lawn turfed twice, both times took loads of hard work, but on our clay soil, even after we raised it with good top soil, the lawn never looked as good as hubby wanted.
BUT did you notice, it's really perfect as only artificial grass can be, yes we jumped ship and now we have the easiest lawn to care for.
The cost of keeping a natural lawn looking good is not cheap, each year it's weeded and moss removed, then we reseed sections, and feed through out the year. Decent mowers and Strimmer are not cheap, plus we really should add in the power cost for mowing each week.
At a close look it's fantastic, looks and feels like grass, in the beginning I was unsure, as a gardener I don't expect a growing lawn to look good all through the year, but hubby wanted perfection.
We are gifting our lawn mower and strimmer to our youngest daughter, our's is a better quality than theirs, they will pass theirs onto a friend who has just moved to a property with a garden, so everyone is winning.
Hubby is going to enjoy the next few years mower free. What do you think of artificial grass?

12 comments:

  1. We put artificial grass down over 12 months ago and brought a leaf sucker for removing any leaves that fell on it and it's looked brilliant all year round - we're like you - gardeners with an allotment too but this is really one worthwhile 'cheat' - you won't regret it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit that I don't fancy artificial grass myself, even though my lawn can't really be called a lawn with all the daisies, dandelions and clover growing through it. Your new lawn looks fabulous though and it sounds like you're happy with it, which is what matters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big fan on large lawns and areas but we were in a unit last year and we had a 1mx1m patch of grass we were expected to keep mowed. It was just ridiculous. Your new lawn looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our lawn is yet to have some TLC all it gets is cut and Martin enjoys going round on the ride on mower, if I could get away with it I wod have artificial :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new "lawn" looks good. I know what you mean bout the up keep really a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure that artificial grass would be my thing as I love to walk barefoot on the lawn. We are in the middle of renovating our lawn which was in a bad state when we moved here. It takes a lot of work but for me it is worth it. Horses for courses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great. Good for you. I now wish we'd put artificial grass on the paths around our raised beds, as the bark chips we used just get scattered by the dog as she runs up and down. We may do it yet. Keep us updated on how the artificial grass works for you. I'm all for simplifying areas of your life to suit your lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks beautiful and I'm quite the green eyed monster! Especially as my lawn is knee high overnight with all the warm wet weather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A brave move.... but you're right that it looks excellent. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't blame you replacing the lawn. We replaced ours with pebbles last year and I haven't regretted it for a second.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW . . hubby was busy. Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not a fan of the artificial lawn, yours does look nice.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails