Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 13 August 2023

Smiles all round

Fantastic photo of Will taken whilst he was on holiday with mummy, daddy, and siblings, he was having fun on a tree top course. Another of our beautiful grandsons growing up, they were lucky to have a dry sunny week.
 I've not read this author before, the story is set in Finland, so very different, and of course there is a body. I enjoyed the plot, thought I had guessed the bad guy, but it was for the wrong crime, the ending was good, I loved it. Book 18 read this year.
The dining room is finished and everything is back in its place, well not everything, I have got rid of more stuff, things I've had for years, which sat behind glass and has no reason. Once I found so many things beautiful, these days it's just stuff. The teak furniture still looks good, we have had it a long time, we did look to replace it, but found nothing in our price range we liked. We are both extremely happy with the dining room, I do love green, it's my favourite colour, hubby likes paler shades, but will happily go with my choices. 

I have had a couple of sessions outside, I potted my lime tree, its very small, into a bigger pot, I put my sage into the huge herb pot with chives and thyme, the textures look good together. I've planted one of my mock orange plants to the back corner, plenty if space for it to get huge, I have 2 other plants, later this summer I will plant them into their permanent home. The huge planter they were in, I have another use for, again once other plants finish blooming. Everything  is going towards our new garden layout.

I saw Will, George and Molly yesterday, spent a few hours playing with them, mummy said George was not happy to be home, he crossed his arms and shook his head, bless him, they had loads of fun on the Isle of Wight, Will had loads of stories to tell. Both Molly and George were very cuddly, I think they missed me, or is that hope, today the little ones are at a party, and Will is going to have fun with daddy, we are going to have a pottering at home day, no decorating.  

I have almost finished transferring all my post from 2021 into the book template,  I work on it whilst hubby is decorating. I do like to help him, he uses a different description, so I stay out of his way. 2021 was a much easier year, Covid was becoming under control and George whilst still weak was not so ill. Once 2021 is done, I will start 2022, still no discounts,  I can wait rather than pay full price for the printed books.

4 comments:

  1. Your dining room looks lovely. It's always nice to redecorate a room, especially if it hasn't been done for a while. I wish I could get in the mindset where I start to get rid of more stuff. Still hanging onto stuff at the moment, but I live in hope that one day I will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely and welcoming space. I love the green walls so soothing.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased your daughter and family enjoyed their holiday.
    That is a lovely photograph of Will.

    Your dining room looks very nice.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails