Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 23 August 2023

Just another week as this year rushes by.

Two very different books, 
The Rise, started with the main players, all very successful, rich and famous, and looking very good for their age, it is set in LA, I almost discarded the book at the first chapter. It had a very good plot, the story line was OK, a bit too showy for me, the end was very predictable, I was surprised I read the whole book. 
The Dilemma, I do love B A Paris, so from the start I knew this book was going to be good, and it did not disappoint, I could not put it down, a very simple concept, a difficult subject, well written, loved every word. 
Books 21 and 22 read this year. 
We popped to town on Monday morning, mainly for something to do, popped in Wilko's, so sad to see empty shelves throughout the store. I got these tulips from B&M, they are for a big tub going in the new section of the garden, in the summer I want to use the tub to grow tomatoes, so I thought it would be nice to have spring colour, tulips have to be grown in pots here, our heavy clay soil rots the bulbs. 
This is not to my taste, but my sister will love it, she has done some work in her garden, and has a new bird feeding section. Almost all of the gardening section was on sale in B&M, they are clearing space and putting out Christmas items, it's a bit early for me, but I will keep an eye out for bits and bobs. Last year I made food hampers, getting a bit every time we shopped, when I added up the cost of each hamper, they were more expensive than I intended to spend. This year I will do a mixture of treats to eat and other bits. 
This cutlery drawer sums up me beautifully, I love order and tidy, even down to my forks and spoons. It is also a huge source of amusement to my family and friends, a friends husband loves this drawer, only because he has found someone who is more organised than his wife. Thank you for your comments on my decorating post, it has been a messy time, which I can't stand, I feel much better it is all done. Hubby would like to start doing the stairs, our bedroom and en suite, but in truth, it's too much for me all in the same year.

After I arrived home on Saturday lunchtime, I had a very lazy day, I had a nap in the afternoon, I was very tired, I sat and read The Dilemma most of the evening. Sunday was another day of doing little, hubby trimmed the Magnolia tree, the new growth has gone mad this year, he shredded it and popped everything into a black dustbin, which will be mulch next year. I had already transferred the contents of the small dustbin into the bigger one, the leaves from last year are almost ready to use around the garden. We had a treat of Chinese for our evening meal, which was enjoyed, we forgot to open the bottle of wine, so we packed it away again. 

I popped into our village craft haberdashery shop, Sara the owner, gave me the names of her suppliers, so I could look online for needle felting supplies, sadly none of them supply what I am after. Sara has a donation section, where you can give things to be resold, raising money for charity, she handed me two bags of coloured rovings, they had been handed in and she thought of me, as the only customer doing felting, I now have loads of colours, and a nice saving. I just needed to find some white fibres and needles, Mr Amazon supplied me with what I needed, he is always my last resort.  

Tuesday was the last sign group for a while, holidays will keep us apart for the next few weeks, we had a chatty time with a few games, after I got my hair cut, 1st time in a couple of months, my hairdresser has had maternity leave after the birth of her 2nd little girl, it's great to have tidy hair again.

My brother is due soon, it will be great to see him, like us he has filled his time with decorating his home, so he is here for a rest, he will stay at his daughters over the weekend, if the weather is kind, we will have a couple of BBQ's.

3 comments:

  1. A busy week for you in this fast-moving year. The tulips will give a lovely bright splash of colour in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping fingers crossed for good weather so you can enjoy a BBQ or two :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very pretty bird feeder, I am sure your sister will love it.

    I am keeping my fingers crossed for great weather while your brother is visiting.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails