Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 8 August 2023

Intimidation

     both cats just watching me when I am crafting, Grace wants to sit on my lap, Purdy is scared of missing out, she is not a lap cat. I often let Grace sit on my lap whilst crafting small projects, she can settle and ignore my work, other times she just decides to sit and watch me, in hope I pack the craft away and give her the whole of my lap. 
The book case is all finished, looks really smart, hubby added a fourth shelf at my request, the bottom two shelves have very little head room, they are set out for storing paperbacks, I can't pile books on top and make it look messy. I still have room for the books waiting to be read, I also like to see gaps, which no doubt will fill with books. 
I did have a key rack under the bottom shelf, left by the previous owners, I hung loads of hearts, but they were full of dust, so all but one got cleaned and sent to charity shop. The cats feeding station works well here, the two bowls stay out permanently, they have wet food at tea time. This was the door way into our dining room, which was the old bedroom. I am loving our newly green painted walls.
I know a few crochet stitches, I can make granny squares, ripple and Tunisia designs, but I've never followed a pattern, I purchased a book with simple instructions, hoping a friend would be on hand, she is busy, so I have made a start, first leg done, I started it 5 times and unpicked a few rows as well, the main issue was the toe being on the wrong side, so I read and reread the instructions until it clicked, one simple point I missed 4 times. Everything is so tiny, I'm sure it would be much easier to make a life size child.


I have loads on the go, a crochet small blanket, I am doing another needle felting project, I have sewing to do, my calendar wheel, hexagon flowers, I've got a book to read, I need a long visit in my greenhouse. I am feeling much better, I am noticing more, wanting to do a bit more, which is getting back to normal me. Daughter and little ones are on holiday (they chose a better week), so plenty of time at home. Monday I cleared the contents from the dining room to the spare bedroom, the couple of units are in the middle of the room, the wooden floor is covered, hubby is hoping to finish in a few days, only gloss paint is skirting boards, they were new so only one layer of paint, so not much sanding, then ceiling and walls, which will be the same green as the hall.  

Today we are out to lunch, there will be 10 of us, nice for a change, we will catch the bus to town, and back home, it does look a bit dull outside, but that should change, and shock! I'm wearing a dress, I have so many lovely dresses, which I never get to wear, my mum always dressed up to go to town, these days no one bothers. 

In my last post I said I was wearing long trousers and cardigans, this week it's much different, I start the day with shorts and T shirt, later I swap to long trousers and add a cardigan, it's much darker earlier in the evening, nice I can see my solar lights on in the garden, not so nice, where is summer? It's also much cooler every evening, Grace snuggles on my lap and keeps me warm.  

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you're feeling like you're getting back to your normal self. Hope you had a lovely lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats make great warmers, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would lay out my fabric on the floor to pin and cut out a pattern, and as soon as I did so Shania would come to "help".

    Sounds as if you have been busy and are feeling more like yourself.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had many cats who lay on my work, Purdy will walk across anything I put on the floor. Grace is good and stays away, neither cats play with my yarn.

      Delete
  4. I hope you enjoyed a wonderful lunch out.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great way of keeping the food and water bowls accessible but not where you will trip over them.

    dratted Google/Blogger - cannot sign in - Bag End Gardener.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we moved in we decided to remove the feature and have a plain wall, but once the cat bowls were put there, we knew it would stay.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails