Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 16 August 2023

Day out

This was another book purchased at the Works, on a 3 for £6 deal, I have never heard of the author and was pleasantly surprised by everything. It's about two women, who knew of each other at school, now many years later their paths cross. This was a book I could not put down, very clever, the twist were delicate and added to the story. For a lovely change no dead bodies. Book 19 read this year. 
I'm not doing much at this moment, it's hard to craft when the house is spread all over the place, I have a few things on the go, crochet, needle felting, embroidery and some hand sewing. I have been on my computer loads, as it keeps me out of husbands way, whilst he decorates. I have not thought about my sewing machine, the projects have to wait until I have a tidy house again. 
Tuesday I missed sign class and went with youngest daughter and her 3 to Marwell Zoo, it was a sunny warm day, it's a wonderful zoo, very family friendly, loads of space for little legs to run around and be safe. It was full of families, and sadly loads of stressed mum's, mainly chasing after little feet, who when necessary can run oh so fast. Will was happy to be with us, he just did not want to smile in this photo, which is OK, no one should be made to smile. 
This truck is by water, the cab is open for the kids to have fun in, we have a photo, taken back in 2018, just Will then, the flat bed is a viewing point for the water, all three of them loved playing for a short time, it is a popular feature. Molly and George were more interested in running around than looking at animals, Will enjoyed most of it, we spent about 4 hours at the zoo, having a nice lunch and ice cream. The two little ones were in bed early and both slept well, as did their Nana. 

Sunday afternoon we popped to our neighbours at the bottom of the garden, Darren had a BBQ, we stayed for a couple of hours and then walked home through our local park, it was nice to be out chatting to new people. Monday I emptied the sitting room, it's a much easier task, not so many bits and bobs, everything was again put into the spare bedroom, it's a very simple space to decorate, only the skirting boards needed glossing, the rest is plain walls. 

Tuesday evening I did nothing I was tired, it was a happy tired, Today I've a morning at home, hubby is out, I will walk to the village and later whilst he paints, I will clean our upstairs bathroom and our bedroom, it won't take long, the bedding is already on the line, lovely blue skies here. No plans to do any crafting, I'm still working on my 2021 book, I can feel myself edging towards the completion of it. 

If everything goes to plan, the painting will be finished today and tomorrow we can put the furniture back and pack the decorating tools away. The stairs and upstairs, we have decided to leave until next year, hubby has worked hard enough to get the ground floor all done. 


6 comments:

  1. It all sounds very organised and as if things actually get finished in your house - I'm envious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if hubby is in charge then yes always, I often lose all interest in a task, and it becomes hard work as I limp to the finish line.

      Delete
  2. Decorating is so messy but worth it in the end. It's so lovely to get the house back to normal isn't it.
    A lovely photo of the kids there but little wonder you all slept well! It sounds like a great day out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds a good day out was enjoyed at Marwell Zoo ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will have to do some painting eventually and I am not looking forward to the mess. Glad you had a lovely day out with family.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember going to Marwell Zoo with LB many years ago. I think we stayed at a hotel close by. Can't wait for another reveal of your living room this time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails