Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 31 December 2019

Summary of 2019

Our beautiful baby George, 
just a month old. 
2019 has been a mixed year, as the new year started, I was just so pleased hubby was on the mend after his heart operation, it had been a worrying time, but I could see his strength returning.
Spring and summer were all good, we enjoyed our family, home and garden, I always feel the sense of healing when I'm outside getting my hands dirty in the garden, it's a small garden, but I can always find things to do.
August was a poor month, hubby had another operation, 69 years of good health, and then 2 operations in less than 12 months.
Then I burnt my hands and leg, at 1st I was OK, other than the pain, but even now, my leg is just healed and still shows the marks of the burns, I was injured far worse than I imagined.
I have been diagnosed as pre diabetic after an extra eye test discovered an issue, I will have to face this in January.
In November George decided to arrive naturally 11 days early, we are all glad to meet him, at birth weight our smallest grandson. Tinged with sadness, we all knew he was different, after tests it was confirmed he is a Downs Syndrome boy, it will make no difference to any of his family, already he is a huge part of our lives. We need to ensure mummy and daddy gets all the support we can give them, we have already joined support groups, knowledge is the key in the coming months as results to the numerous test arrive.
We have had some lovely holidays this year, spent loads of time with Will, seen our other grandsons, our house is a happy home, and whatever we have to face in the coming year we will face together.


I've turned off comments for this post, Happy New Year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails