Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 29 December 2019

December spending

I have spent no money on gardening or crafts throughout December, in truth, I have done very little crafting or gardening.

I spent nothing on clothes in December, therefore this year I spent £211.89 on clothes and foot wear, I am very pleased, I still have loads of lovely clothes, all in good condition I can still wear, it does feel good not buy things just because. It's pleasing to see my hubby has slowed down on his shopping for clothes, he does not purchase many clothes, he is prepared to wear the clothes he has, he is not so committed to this as I am, but I do believe every little helps.
My craft spending would have been just a bit less than last year, but I started a new hobby of glass fusion, my garden spend was down by £200, but I did spend alot on yarn. On the whole I am pleased with how I use my crafting monies.
Our Christmas spend has been within budget, we do not do expensive gifts, with 7 grand sons, that would be difficult, neither of us want much, so we keep it small and simple. 

We have kept up with removing one use plastics, we are not perfect, but we try our best, and it does make us feel good, it's not so easy at this time of the year, we are fully signed up to not replacing household items until they break and can't be mended. We again waste no food, ensuring we purchase and freeze the correct sizes of meat and fish ensures we only cook what we can eat, at this time of year we eat loads of frozen veg. We do make veg soup most weeks and use up anything lingering in the fridge, and hubby now makes bread loaves in a smaller size, perfect for our needs. Our fridge is still full, but we have hubbys daughter and family visiting for the weekend, so most of it will be used.



7 comments:

  1. I must admit that I don't spend much on clothes but that's not a conscious effort, it's just that I hate clothes shopping so I do it as infrequently as I can get away with. Crafting is another matter, there's always something to tempt me to part with my cash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your spending. Last year I bought lots of new things for work in the post Christmas sales, this year they are still all ok so I haven't bought anything in the sales. I could do with a new pair of black trousers but I will get them when I see some I like. If It wasn't for buying clothes for work my clothes spend would not be much, i'm happier in jeans and t-shirt :-) I am going to keep a tally of my spending next year, I spend far too much on yarn and craft supplies last year and next year I want to use what I have if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Marlene, keeping records like that. I feel a twinge of guilt as the last few years, what with one thing and another, I have totally lost track of my spending (not that it is much - I don't think!).
    A New Years Resolution to Track Spending Habits might be in order here, so thanks for bringing it to my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on the spending! I do not like having a lot of clothes. I do buy my shirts but make my skirts and vests and such.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did very well with your budget. I know gift giving this month is a bit over what was budgeted. Got to make adjustments for the next couple of months.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't really spend much money on anything. I haven't bought any new clothes this year, but then I don't need anything at the moment. If I do buy clothes they're nearly always off ebay, I hate going round the shops LOL Crafting has been a ball of yarn as and when I run out of a colour I need. We have also cut right back on single use plastic, buying loose as much as we can. Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are most organised in your budgeting and tracking your spending, Marlene. I am not so organised but have developed quite an aversion to spending anymore than I have to. The last thing I bought was a $9 light and floaty dress from the op-shop (brand new and with tags still attached). It's been perfect for this hot summer weather here. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails