Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 1 December 2019

November round up


I purchased just 3 reduced plants this month, plus a couple sets of larger knitting needles,  nothing on yarn, glass or any crafts, I have been using items from my stash. The garden is now sleeping, so nothing required for a few months.

No clothes or footwear again this month, I did get my boots reheeled, they have so much life still in them.

I spent £27.97 on Christmas decorations, all purchases will add to my decorations, giving them an fresh look, plus having a new grandson, we like to see them on the tree.

Nothing purchased on Black Friday, I was going to get last year's blog printed into another book, but I am having troubles with uploading my work. Maybe it's a sign for me to stop making these books.

Expensive time at opticians, new glasses required, it was not a shock, I was expecting it, but as one song said 'I can see clearly now'

Nothing purchased for the house, nothing required, hubby has done a few small task. I did take a few things to the charity shop, a couple of nice dresses and shoes, which I have not worn for a couple of years, I don't required so many dressy clothes, I kept a couple I love, I'm loving the extra space in my wardrobes.

We opened our savings jar and counted £194.00 which we have banked, we have used some on our trip this week to Cardiff, but that's why we save our coins.

Nothing to report on waste, we still stop as much one use plastic as we can coming into our home, and reuse or recycle as much as we can. It has become second nature to us to look for better packaging, we also bake more at home, which is better for us and no packaging. Even in winter we are still watching our water consumption, it is another good habit.

We have had quotes for renewing our boiler, there are great discounts in the winter months, and it's only 1 days work, a whole day for us, we will have to replace the pipe from the meter to the boiler, our's is smaller than todays standards. We have booked for the work to be done in january, just waiting for dates.




4 comments:

  1. It's been a low spend month for you. I really need to book to see the optician too, I know my eyes have deteriorated since I last got new glasses, another sign of getting older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did well with your savings jar! Ours is looking a little empty this year - not sure quite why we haven't been putting loose change in it...perhaps I've been using it more for my cups of tea after walking three times a week?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't opened my jar yet, it will go on extra food and some treats for over Christmas. I love the way you keep track of your spending and i'm going to try and do the same next year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a pretty tin that I throw my loose change into. It takes about a year to fill up, then I use it to treat myself to something nice.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails