Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 22 December 2019

In my hands

I have loved my advent calender, these tiny yarns are beautiful, I have a couple of days left, it has been fun discovering what shades I have each day. 
 I can't wait to knit with these,
so beautiful, I only need a simple garter stitch. 
The big square is 4 times the size of the original ones I made, so I plan to have a mixture of these 2 sizes. Thank you for your comments on my last post, I did consider picking up stitches to save sewing, but I prefer to use one colour at a time, and once all the squares are done, then sew together, I'm not good at random, and would spend too much time deciding which yarn to use next. 
 I am enjoying this book, she does have a potty mouth and swears alot, in a funny context, but makes really good points about modern living. 
 I have been given some gardening magazines, I've not had these before, but I am enjoying them. 
I have finished knitting the socks, I just have to finish the toes off, which will only take a few minutes, I plan to do them later. If I feel crafty over the next few days, I will knit squares, the pattern is in my head, which means a quick simple knit.
Friday and Saturday I gave the house a good clean, in truth it was not that dirty, I even did the top of the kitchen cabinets, in an attempt to stay ahead, so now I'm feeling good,
Today we have a sunny morning, it's not as cold as the breeze has dropped,  we will pop out later for a few things, going to our local Co-op using the vouchers hubby received, we have not spent much cash on food shopping. My brother Martin is driving to us, he is a day later than expected, he had a night out with friends on Friday and decided not to drive on Saturday morning, it's a 3 hours drive if the traffic is kind.

4 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to adding my mini skeins to my blanket. I only use each colour for one square so I shall have to think of something else to do with the leftovers. I enjoyed The Garden when I had my RHS subscription, there's some good articles which are a little different to other gardening magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've really enjoyed opening my minis everyday, it's been a real treat :-) I love the colours in your photos, they are going to look beautiful. I'm only using each colour once to start with and then putting it another basket, i will then add it again later on. I don't find picking up stitches easy but this will be practice for me, I'm not fond of sewing up either, so picking up stitches is the lesser of two evils, lol. Have a fantastic Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty and I love the different sizes. I get what you mean about only wanting to work with each colour at a time and not have to think!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails