Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 5 December 2019

Sleeping or awake.

Just as the last of the leaves fall from our magnolia tree, we get a slightly warmer few days, and buds appear!! look at the beautiful blue sky, looks like summer. 
 Blueberry and blackcurrants bushes are also showing buds.
 Acer tree down by my steps has buds as well
 I do have colour in the garden, mainly from pots
 Raised bed by backdoor is past it's best, but is full of spring bulbs.
Our morning frost is not too bad, it's just air frost, yesterday hubby and I cleaned the outside of the greenhouse, we get alot of muck falling from our neighbours trees, and I want them clean so the sunshine can get through and raise the inside temperature. 
Hubby and I spend some time outside on dry days, the leaves have almost finished, and are easy to hand pick up each day. I watered plants in the greenhouse, just enough to keep them healthy, not enough for the to sit in water and freeze. At this time of the year the garden is not wanting much time, which is good, I don't like being cold, and I hate being cold and wet.
Everything is doing well in the greenhouse, it does catch loads of sunshine, in the summer the Magnolia tree gives it shade, but without the leaves, the sun hits it all through the day. I do have a heater for inside, but I don't use it often, even on snowy days it's still warm enough inside.

4 comments:

  1. We have a huge magnolia tree on the car park at work, i'll have to check later to see if it has any buds too. I'ts gone a bit milder here too, although I would prefer a lovely frost to the dampness that is hanging around at the moment. Mark cleared out garden of leaves last Saturday, we now have a rather large leaf pile at the back of the garden!! Not many leaves left to come off the oak tree now though. Still some lovely colour in your garden from your pots :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The seasons are turning, buds already and it won't be long until the shoots from the spring bulbs begin pushing through the soil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh to have a green house!!! I just know that you enjoy yours a great deal.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always feel plant buds are a wonderful promise to humans that summer will return :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails