Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 31 December 2018

2018



On this last day of December 2018, I am wishing you all a good 2019

2018 was not our best year, we had some wonderful times with our grandsons, lovely trips out in the campervan (now sold), and a settled time at home.

Hubby is well, and still gaining strength, over Christmas he was not as active as normally, but after major surgery in late October, he is doing well.

As always we are looking forward, not back, you can never change your past, so why look back.

We are also looking forward to having our new neighbour move in, the builders are working on her house, an empty house is always sad.

We have plans for 2019, many are ongoing, with waste, the food we eat, cutting consumer spending, we like the lifestyle we have.

11 comments:

  1. I do enjoy looking back at the good times, so many happy memories, but it's good to look forward too at all those memories yet to be made. Wishing you and your family all the very best for 2019.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope 2019 is a great year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It always makes me feel sad when people say 'I'm glad to see the back of this year' We all have ups and downs throughout the year, some more so than others, but I think people forget about the good, fun times through the year and focus on the rough times :( Like you say, we can't change what was, so reflect on the good days and look forward to the new. Wishing you and your hubby a very Happy New Year. Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best for 2019 Marlene. Like you I think I'm going to focus more on reducing waste/buying new and also eating better and more healthily. Good luck with all your 2019 endeavours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new Year Marlene, I hope 2019 is a good year for you and your family.
    I've not been visiting blogs for the last couple of weeks but I see your ripple blanket is growing, it's beautiful, and who wouldn't want to be a guest in the room that has such a beautiful blanket on the bed :-)
    Good luck with keeping to your plans for 2019 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with all your plans for the new year, wishing you a healthy and happy 2019. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you lots of peaceful and relaxed times as well as many happy moments in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending my very best wishes for the New Year to you and your family. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the best for 2019 and I’ll look forward to reading about your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the new year plans. I am going to try and simplify my home. If my DH and I were both killed in an accident, my poor kids would go crazy. They would have to rent several dumpsters!! I need to simplify. A Happy New year to you . I hope your DH continues to get stronger!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My good wishes for the New Year to you and your family.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails