Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 19 September 2018

See how they run

Growing in size and colours

 A few days later

The rows are really long, but they do flow, and it's relaxing to make, once it gets longer I expect it to be more time consuming, moving it along my lap, but it will keep me warm through the winter months. Now I feel I'm sorted on the construction, I can start doing more of my other crafts.
Our garden is taking a beating from the tail end of storm Helene, nothing like the terrible weather in North and South Carolina, China and The Philippines, so I won't moan too much, but we are planing time this weekend in the garden.
We are away for a few days in Somerset, sadly a family funeral to attend, but we will see both hubbies sons, it's not often we see them together.

7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your family bereavement. Our family used to have so many get togethers for weddings and christenings, sadly as we get older it seems to be funerals where we meet up these days. Your blanket is looking great, you've made a good start on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made great progress on your blanket, keeping warm is one of the benefits of making a blanket in the Autumn, saves on the heating, lol
    I'm planning on a good clear up in the garden on Saturday too, hopefully the weather will be ok for it, the winds mean that i have lots of twigs to gather up from the oak tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few days away is always lovely, shame yours will be tinged with sadness.
    The ripple is looking gorgeous.
    It's very windy here today too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blanket is looking lovely, great colours and very therapeutic pattern. Hope your days away are good despite the reason for going xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your blanket looks so colourful ...

    Hope your days away go well, although sorry to read about your family bereavement.

    Safe travels

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear about the funeral. Wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! that blanket is growing very fast! It is so pretty. Sorry that your days away will be sad ones. Hopefully seeing the sons will be fun for you both.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails