Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 9 November 2014

I'm dry

After our storm today, I caught Grace keeping dry.
She looks so small in here.
 Just a couple of things to stitch here and it's finished
 I don't like the big brown thing, I am not sure what it is, so I have found three stars to stitch instead, these will be one in red, one in white and one using both colours. 
It was hard to find something to use with this design.
 I asked a friend a while ago if she could get me an old horse's bit, I saw one used as a hanging Christmas decoration, I totally forgot about it and today I was given this, it's huge.
 I will use silk holly and ivy, with a pretty ribbon.
 Hubby was out on his bike today, I did not go, it was a long ride, and I still have a lingering cough, hundreds of bikers put on red T shirts and all drove at the same time around the M25 (motorway around London), it was billed as 'A Ring of Red' and again they raised money for charities.
I have had a weekend at home, which is just what I needed, I am trying to rid myself of this cough, it's horrible, I do manage to sleep at night, thanks to Lemsip MAX, I have two together at bed time.
I managed yesterday to spend an hour in the garden, cutting back the last of the dying summer growth, my little shed is full, everything packed away until next spring.
My poor Amaryllis, the leaves grew long and tall, but I can see no sign of a stem with any bud on, looks as if I won't have a flower this year.
My trug is in good use, I have placed all my sewing projects in it, I still have to get my machine out, a couple of friends popped in this afternoon, it was lovely to catch up, but used all my sewing time.
I have finished my book, tomorrow I will give it one more look and then send it for publishing, it will be my 4th Poppy Patchwork book, I love looking back on my blogs, and both Josh and Sam love to see their photo's in a book.
Going now to do some cross stitch, sewing tomorrow after work, if I keep saying it, it will happen!

5 comments:

  1. I think the Stars will look better too. Hope your cough gets better soon. What a great idea for,the horses bit - looking forward to seeing what you do with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get over that cough quickly! Love Grace in her hiding spot and your stitching is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cats always manage to find somewhere to keep warm and dry. Next door's cat, Lucy, used to climb our bird table. I don't know how she managed it but she was able to position herself under the roof and keep out of the sun. I don't think the birds were too keen though. I think the stars will look much nicer than the original design, looking forward to seeing it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Big Brown Thing s a pine cone. Don't you have them in the UK?

    Grace looks so sweet in her "dry spot."

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails