Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 22 December 2023

Finishes

 The cakes are done, the snowflakes did not dry hard, which was a disappointment, I could not finish the cakes as I wanted, these still look good, and hopefully will taste great, I have not changed anything in the recipe. Daughter has take hers and brother will take his home with him, we won't cut ours until next week. 

I have finished my green cardigan, it took longer, I did not want to touch it whilst I was not feeling well, I don't like sewing up so I need to be on the ball when doing it. It fits perfectly and I love the shorter length, my long ones keep me warm, but sometimes they are too long. I have buttons to get, but I'm not in a hurry to get them.

I have also finished my needle felted robins, adding eyes and beak, I have not made them into baubles, I think I'm not going to use them on the tree. I have not done any more to the snowman, he remains hat and arm less, not that he needs either. I have 1 red bauble left, no idea how to decorate it. 

Our only granddaughter Molly sat beside our tree, in her missmass dress, our little angel. More like our little hurricane, as she dashes about like one, and bosses both her older brothers and her Grancha (hubby). 

Having been unwell it gave me time to think and I lined up some task to finish, I hang my head in shame, I have just sewn the buttons on my long brown cardigan I finished knitting back in May. I have sewn in all the ends on my 3ply socks I finished back in mid November. So all the almost done projects have been cleared. I did not do any more to my Christmas blanket, in a previous life I would be panicking, today I happy to finish it in January. I am thinking about starting another  pair of socks in 3ply, just to have a little project to keep my hands busy. I also have a couple books to read. 

On Tuesday we took George and Molly to a local show, full of trolls, George loved it, he was unsure of the other children calling out, just like at a panto, Molly fell fast asleep after 15 minutes, hubby and I enjoyed the show, nice way to spend a wet afternoon. Daughter was able to relax at home with Will, which pleased both of us, it's a stressful time when you have young children.

Wednesday the garden was finished, I  walked around, there are bulbs sprouting everywhere, my new rhubarb has growth, the broad beans are looking strong. I am itching to put things back, but I will be good and wait. We walked to the village in the morning, it was market day, so we did not stay long. I spent the afternoon crafting. Hubby made sausage rolls, so the house smelt divine, he has mince pies to make. 

Today I am at daughters for an hour, she has a task to do, so playtime with her 3, then we are having a coffee together, hubby and brother has gone to get our veg, sadly our normal guy and his wife are both ill, so we are going to their son's market stall to get what we need. Rest of the day is free.

I did not get hubby's last bit of his present, the shop had sold out, I have now found what I required, so all the gifts have been sorted. My brother arrived on Tuesday evening, so we are all together and now in Christmas spirit, hubby cleaned the outside windows and doors, they were covered in dust, I sorted the slate under the Acer tree, it's now level with the paving, I will need a couple more bags of slate to make the garden area level with the new area. 

7 comments:

  1. I like that photograph of Molly by the tree.

    You sound ready and organised for Christmas, I wish you a happy one and good wishes for the coming New Year.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new sweater, it looks so warm. At least you finished up some projects, for the last two weeks I have just dabbled at mine.

    Your cakes look amazing.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always find it so satisfying to finally finish unfinished projects. Well done for completing so many things this week. Glad you're back to normal healthwise. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very cute photograph. Looks like butter wouldn't melt ;)
    Sending my very best wishes to you and your family, for a very Merry Christmas, Marlene. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cakes look wonderful, I'm sure you'll all enjoy eating those over the festive period. Wishing you and your family a merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Christmas cakes look amazing. I have finished our cake and just kept it plain and simple with some ribbon around the edge. Love the sweet little felted robins. Lovely picture of Molly x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails