Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 16 December 2023

Festive time

 I've done some more felting, deciding to make the white bauble into a snowman, I'm pleased, it won't go on the tree, far too big, I will put him with my snowmen display. I have to make a hat and his arms. I knitted his scarf with was not fun, but he needed one.

I got some small eyes off Amazon, they were delivered the day after ordering, I used some on the snowman and I used some more on my robins. The pack was much bigger than I needed at this point, but I'm sure I would use them, I can't get them locally, so amazon was the quickest delivery option. Just needs the robins beaks.

My Santa bauble is on our tree, its the first felted item on the tree, I am sure there will be many more.
I have put together my plant basket, the Christmas rose is from last year, the flowers should last for weeks, the red cyclamen is new this year, also 2 Amaryllis with only leaves, and the Orchid for tall flowers, I did not have the string lights in the display last year. The hyacinths in glass water pots finish the display. 
We popped out on Friday morning to a lovely garden centre, we met daughter, George and Molly,  they loved the Christmas tree walk, with loads of small woodland animals and a band of Santa's singing and playing instruments.  A lovely hour with a coffee and cakes for the children, everything on the walk is perfect, most can be touched, picked up and dropped. This snowman seat comes out every year, and there are always people waiting to sit on it. There was a gingerbread house, which they both loved playing in.

We have had the electrician visit, we have a service agreement with British Gas, we do pay the first £60 of any cost for works done. He was here for ages checking everything, he finally found the fault in our downstairs bathroom light, which was not giving us any problems, a loose wire. He has checked all our lights and felt confident we won't get any more issues, we are both relieved and we did not have to pay anymore.

All the paving in the garden is done, and exactly as we wanted, our landscaper will lay the fake lawn on Monday, and then grout everywhere with a resin on Tuesday,  he could do it all in one day, but does not want to rush the finish, we are both very pleased. Purdy our cat will be happy once it's all finished, she has been out of sorts, not going out in the day, Grace is sleeping through everything. 

I am starting to feel good, I'm not eating much, it always takes time when I have problems with eating, I have had a couple small cups of coffee, I don't drink tea. The silver lining, instead of putting on pounds on our trip to London, I have loss 5 pounds.

6 comments:

  1. It's not the best way to lose weight but it's good that you're finally beginning to feel better. The garden centre trip looked fun - such jolly snowmen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're starting to feel better and had a lovely day out with the children. I love your felted items. So beautifully made. Your floral arrangement is looking great too. It's always a relief to find that a job has cost less than you were expecting. I hope your electrics are all okay from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased you are starting to feel better.
    I like your snowman and that is a very nice picture of the four of you with two very Jolly Snowmen :)

    Enjoy your weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you are feeling a bit better. I love the felting you have done. The snowman is lovely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last picture is definitely a keeper! Just beautiful.
    Glad to hear you have an answer to your wiring issue, and wonderful that you are feeling better. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your snowman is simply adorable. X

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails