Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 18 December 2023

Outside - Inside

I did say to hubby I was not going to make a plant display outside this year, mainly because the table is in our garage. When we were at the garden centre, he wandered off and came back with plants, which he paid for. The 'pot' I had in the garage, I put them together, a very different display from what I would choose, which I love. I've not added to my stash as I did not pay for them. There are hyacinth and tete-a-tete bulbs in here as well.
I dug up my first potato plant as they have all died back, I was not expecting much, so I'm pleased I had enough small potatoes for our Sunday roast. I think I might get enough for Christmas lunch, there are 5 adults. Not the perfect start to my veg beds, still not a disaster. I do love tiny potatoes. 
I spent some time in the garden on Saturday, less than an hour, Purdy came out, but was not sure about the new look, she followed me around, she does not like change, we are keeping an eye on her, Grace stayed asleep.
I love this plant, Albuca sprialis frizzle sizzle, its a bulb from the onion family, its the third time it has regrown, this year with two separate growth areas. As you can see for the second year I'm going to get a bloom, which when opened, does smell of vanilla. 




I am feeling much better, I still can't eat too much, which is typical for me after what we are sure was an allergic reaction. It's nice to be going out again, life is boring when forced to stay inside, I do get so tired, so early nights.

Saturday we met Shelia, who host the sign group, I wanted to ensure she had their Christmas gifts, I also gave her a thank you gift, I can never repay her time and effort to passing on British sign language, I got her a beautiful sewing box, which as soon as I saw it, I knew it would be perfect for her. Strictly was brilliant, loved Ellie winning, she is a brave fearless dancer, both the guys deserved to be there, definitely a good year.

Sunday was a cleaning morning, the dust from the garden refit was everywhere, the floors filthy,  so I'm pleased it all clean again, I will clean again on Wednesday when the garden is finished, we can then do the windows and frames on the outside as well. It was a busy day, we popped to Lidl for the last shop other than fresh items, later hubby made mince pies as I finished the Christmas cakes.

Today we are popping to town, we can get our fruit and veg and hand over our Christmas order which will be delivered over the weekend, later I'm sneaking out to get the last bit of hubby's gift, I've finally found a local shop which sells it. I've also got my new glasses, I now need bifocal lenses as I find more things are blurred. 

9 comments:

  1. Your flower display is lovely. Looking forward to seeing your finished garden. Glad you're feeling a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased you are feeling better and love the trug full of flowers, genuis idea. Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful planter-a ray of brightness on these dull days. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear that you're feeling so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to have a fresh display for Christmas, with bulbs to follow. Sounds like your Christmas preparations are under control, have a good week
    www.mylifeinflipflops.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pleased that you are feeling better.
    I think your flower display looks very nice.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our front window boxes need some love...but when the bulbs come up will look alright again hopefully. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are feeling a bit better. Love the table flower display

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you're feeling better, Marlene. And your planter look lovely. I'm afraid my garden will continue to look drab until the spring bulbs appear. X

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails