Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 14 October 2019

New start and a finish

A perfect new start, using Drops 4ply cotton, this is for baby George, I made one for Will in shades of blue.
 A very simple small blanket to crochet, I do have loads of ends to sew in, I'm about a 3rd of the way through, I have used 4 balls, and have 8 more to use. 
 I finished the socks for my brother, these were so simple to knit each colour was 10 rows, the top, heel and toes all match in navy. The second sock was so much quicker, no measurements, I know where I was at every stage. I did not mind all the ends to stitch in, a pure joy to knit.
 I have done more on these, I'm half way to the toes, or I would be, if I did not have to.....
 unpick loads of rows a dropped stitch, this has happened alot with this yarn, I will be pleased once they are finished. 
I have done more on my weaving, but as it wraps around the loom, it's does not look any different.
I have a couple of home made sewing gifts I would like to make for Christmas, nothing too busy, easy designs. I also want to finish my bag, and make a fabric toy store for my neighbours daughter. So sewing machine will be out for a while.
I have most of the fabrics needed to make Luna Lapin, the only issue I have is, whilst I have loads of felts, I don't have a piece big enough to make her in one colour, but I could make her limbs in different colours, I will have to think about it. I also have loads of Peter Rabbit cotton fat quarters, which I can use for clothes.
I also have a small ripple blanket to make, again for baby George, simple design, very similar to Will's, just enough difference to know which belongs to each grand son.
Both Saturday and Sunday was wet, not that it mattered to me, I have a real bad cold, which started to go onto my chest, not sleeping to great, so I was happy to sit and crochet or read most of the weekend, I am feeling better this morning, having a couple snugly days helped fight the bugs.
Today I have decided not to cancel Will, it's probable he gave me the bugs in the first place, we are having another day at home, it's his second week of toilet training, he is doing well, but not up to trips out, when he shouts 'nanna I want a wee' we have to move quickly.


7 comments:

  1. Oh how remember those days of whipping out a pot a super speed. I kept it at the bottom of the stroller, once a wee turned to a poo that was difficult in the middle of a park. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours of the blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the striped socks and grrr having to undo, been there and it was a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember toilet training well, you've got to be fast on your feet! I think blankets are lovely things to make for babies, I wish I'd been a crocheter when my two were born.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely it all is. I know they will sure love their blankies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blanket and the colours are great. I do wish I could crochet, I give you tube tutorials a go, I think. As I knit, I have plenty of wools. Socks are another thing I've never tried and my step mum says they're not overly difficult. Another hing on my 'to learn ' list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For easy instructions to make your 1st pair of socks visit Winwick Mum's blog, I used her design and found she explains well how to do each part, beware you will be hooked on knitting socks, I am.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails