Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 29 October 2019

My parcel has arrived.

Given my medical history, I was not sure if it was wise to read, Will you remember me, Amanda Prowse, but I did enjoy the book, lots to think about. I have just started The Stone Circle. 
Postman brought an expected parcel yesterday, yarn from a UK maker, Burrow & Soar, I follow them on Instagram. Plus purchased in their sale, nice discount on hand dyed yarn.
 The multi colour yarn is for a shawl, don't you just love the colours, like gems catching the light. The darker yarn is not spun, I am wanting to do some needle felting, something I have wanted to do for ages, and though these shades would make wonder animals, I will try a fox 1st. 
 I have a lemon sherbet habit, and it's gotten out of hand, these are my last two sweets, and I won't buy anymore for a while, I have been sucking my way through them for weeks. 
I have not done any craft, the blisters have all popped on my hands, they are not causing me any issues, the skin below is formed and not sore, but to ensure they don't hurt I have done nothing but read. My leg is healing very well, I have just one small spot where the blister formed but it is clearing up slowly.
We had Will for 2 nights from Saturday afternoon until Monday, mummy and daddy had a few days at a spa, the rest did both of them good. It's the 1st time we have had him for more than 1 night, ready for early December, he will be here whilst mummy has baby George. Both mornings we were up at 6am, and then full on, it's amazing how much energy a little boy has, we both enjoyed the peace whilst he had his afternoon nap.
Sunday we went into the garden, I had to empty my big water butt, one side had sunk, only slightly, but hubby wanted to put it right, plus I was able to pop and obelisk behind it, where we planted a climbing rose. With all the rain we are having it should fill up very quickly, I am using this water for my plants in the greenhouse, I always prefer to use rainwater on my nasties and citrus plants. I did not get to plant my new tulip bulbs, I will try next week, the plant in the pot has not yet totally died back, I can always pop the pot into the greenhouse if it gets too cold.
We had an air frost, our flat roof was white at 6am Monday morning, it does feel much cooler, winter is coming.
Tonight is the final of Bake off, I won't say who I would like to win, because in the past I have never been right, we have both enjoyed this series.
I have just heard the report from Grenville house attacking firefighters, these are brave souls, who on the night which must have been overwhelming for each and everyone, in a situation which they have never faced before. I salute each and every one of our fire fighters, police officers and staff in NHS, all around our country, they do the best job, without them so many lives would be different.

8 comments:

  1. I hope you have a lovely time with Will. Your Yarns are lovely. I have read Will you remember me a very emotional read but still one of my favourites by Amanda Prowse. Looking forward to the Bake Off final its all to play for. I agree with you about the Grenville report. I don't think anyone could of predicted how quickly the fire would take a hold and those fire fighters and police have got to live with the fact they couldn't get everybody out. Its already been established that it was the substandard cladding that caused it to take a hold so quickly and nobody could of predicted that. I just hope they won't make the fire service the scapegoats for other peoples in adequacies.

    Mx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you are healing well. Well done to little Will for being such a good boy. I'm sure he will love the time he spends with you when his little brother is born. It's been dry and very cold here with some frosty mornings now. I also saw the news about the Grenfell Tower and how the services are getting blamed. There's always someone trying to pass the buck. It's shameful. Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this Amanda Prowse book a few years ago, she writes about some interesting and hard hitting subjects. The yarn is gorgeous, I look forward to seeing it knitted up, and your needle felting. I've got a kit which Mick bought me for Christmas a few years ago but I still haven't got round to trying it. I can understand your sherbet lemon addiction, I love those sweeties too. I think the problem with Grenfell Tower is that there's never been anything on that scale before, who knew that a tower block could go up like that. I too salute our firefighters, they do such a wonderful job keeping us safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear, I am so sorry.
    You know when I am depressed I stop reading blogs and I have been away from you for too long.
    I see you have had an accident - shakes head in sadness - sending you love and healing hugs.
    oh - and your new yarn is an absolute delight. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the yarns, amazing colours running through it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grandchildren are gorgeous, but where do they find all their energy?! When ours were younger we used to love seeing them, but always (I'm sorry to admit) breathed a bit of a sigh of relief when they went home again as we were so exhausted.
    Love the colour of those yarns. I've never tried felting, it sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely yarn, you will have fun once the blisters are totally healed.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely yarn, i haven't heard of that dyer before. I'm still a bit behind on my reading, although I've recently discovered a couple of new-to-me authors so hopefully something will hold my interest. People and the media are sometimes too quick to criticise the Police and Fire Brigade but they do a wonderful job in difficult circumstances. I wonder how many of those who judge them would be willing to put their lives on the line every time they go to work. Drumstick squishies are my favourite sweets, I can never pass them when i'm in the shop, they are so moreish :-) I hope your hands are fully healed soon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails