Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 15 March 2018

Peter Rabbit...add to stash

The Art of not Breathing, started slowly but finished as a good read.
It was the 1st from my new reading club.
I will now start The Food of Love, passed to me from Jo
 Fat quarters from Dunelm, £7.00 for five
 All Peter Rabbit themed
I was going to make loads of little bags, my daughter Su suggested her friends would love them, especially as Peter Rabbit is opening in the cinema's. But I think I would prefer to do some patchwork, 8 of the 10 fat quarters are proper Peter Rabbit fabrics, the other 2 match in well. As yet it's all in my head, I won't be doing much sewing as we are working on our shower room for the next 4 days.
It's been a busy week, on Monday daughter Su with Will took me out for the day, we had a lovely long walk, a great lunch together, and then back to her house for play time. I enjoyed not going to town, like us, she has a local small high street, her's has different shops. I do like to support local shops, if we don't use them they will go.
Tuesday was sign language classes, firstly my new bag was great, everything together, I have great comments regarding the colour scheme, and also the fact I made it. We stayed longer this week almost 3 hours, after our class we chat and have lunch together, it was my turn so I made another quiche. In our class for the first time we are building sentences, we each are given a card with a word on, and we have to put together a sentence and sign to the group.
Yesterday, I had an early dentist check up, I have to go back as a filling has cracked, it was not a surprise. After I walked to a local swim center where Will has his swimming class, just 30 minutes, I was pleased to see how much more he is doing, I last saw him in the water last September. The tutor is working to have them happy when under water, they were walking off large floats into the water, Will loved it. Later I walked to our local market, I did not require anything, but it was nice to be outside.
Most days I am in my greenhouse, I have loads of tiny seedlings, each tray has it's own clear cover, this keeps the soil warm, I spray them each morning, I don't water later as I worry the night temperature will make the trays too cool. Nothing is required in the garden, which is pleasing, our garden looks good, which does not cure to itch inside me to do things. Oh well it will soon be warmer and then I will be full on with bedding plants.
The beast from the East is due again, just as we get used to the warm days, we have a yellow warning for snow on Sunday, as I have said before March is a bitch of a month.

3 comments:

  1. I love those fat quarters, they're such a great price too. I shall have to look in Dunelm now that I've got my sewing machine. It's lovely to see little ones enjoying the water, swimming lessons were something I insisted on when my two were young and they're both really strong swimmers now. It's good to get them used to it from an early age. Hope you enjoy the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty Peter fabrics for you to make something pretty with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very busy but enjoyable week by the sounds of it. I have those fat quarters, I bought them before Christmas with the intention of making my daughter a tote bag - it's still on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails