Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 27 March 2018

Good, bad and Ugly

Spring is trying hard to arrive
 First of our bluebells, and loads of buds on the peony after I moved it last year.
I am really upset for our Magnolia tree, the second set of buds were burnt by the last lot of snow, this time last year this tree had loads of blooms. 
 Not so good
Above is one of many holes dug from the house next door (mad cat woman), we have seen rats running in our back section around the greenhouse. We stopped feeding wild bird seed in the bird feeders last year, so there is very little food on the ground, but there is a group of them coming into our garden. Our neighbour is totally unapproachable, so I called in Environmental Health, who agreed us trying to stop the rats on our own would be a losing battle, so letters will be sent to all homes in the area, asking for access to set rat traps. 
I was hoping to spend some time in the garden, but Monday was busy in other ways, I do plan one afternoon in the greenhouse, rain is due, but the temperature is not due to fall too much, so I can sort seedlings and sow more seeds. 
On my walk around I can see loads of new life, loads of buds on my plants, I love the promise which spring brings. 

3 comments:

  1. Such a shame about the magnolia, the snow can look so pretty when it falls but can do so much damage when it arrives late in the season. I hope you manage to get the rats sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blue pretty flowers to cheer the soul. I have had my snowdrops, iris and crocus flower and now I’ve a hyacinth on the warm front. My bluebells are only just poking thru at the back where it is cold! Such a shame about the magnolia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhhh... rats *shudder*. Never seen one yet, thank goodness. Is the neighbor feeding strays outside? Good intentions I guess.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails