Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 3 March 2018

Young snow

First snow is always a great photo
 Will at home with mummy and daddy
 Finn at home, his 1st snowball. 
We don't get photo's of all our grandsons, but it is nice to see the younger ones enjoying their first taste of snow. Finn and Logan had a wonderful trip together on a plastic sledge, daddy pulling them both along, lot's of laughter and fun for them. Will was taken along his street on his sledge, huge grins for all our grand sons. 
Most of the snow here is gone, a small temperature rise and some rain does a good clearance job. 
Both cats have got the all clear from the vet's, Grace blood test came back clear, but at a cost of £211.18 for both, it was not cheap. I am very pleased to know again they are both well, Purdy has lost some weight, which pleased the vet, we will continue watching how much she eats.  
I am almost finished reading ' It's always the husband', I'm at the point where a few people are in the frame, I think the end will have to be really good for me to read another of her books. 
I have done no craft, the last few days I have enjoyed sitting with a blanket over my knee's watching the snow fall and the wild life in our garden, with a book to read, we are also drinking more hot chocolate drinks, I dread to think what is happening to my waist line. 
I am hoping to stay inside this weekend, we require nothing, but not sure how hubby will feel. 





10 comments:

  1. I'm really not a fan of snow but I do enjoy seeing it and the beautiful landscape it creates. I love to see children enjoying themselves in it too, there have been lots of children playing in our cul de sac whilst the schools have been closed. Lovely photos of your grandsons. Glad that the cats are keeping well. Pets are such an expense, aren't they, but so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandchildren have been enjoying their snow days while being off school. Although one of them has now declared he's fed up being wet and cold and would like to go to school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daisy has to visit the Big. Tall. Man. Who. She. Thinks. Will. Torture. her next week. There will also be a blood test just to check how she is, and to see if her faint heart murmur has got any worse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely to see the grandchildren making the most of the snow. We have rain today and it has melted all the snow but fingers crossed the temperature doesn't drop and freeze the rainfall. Keep warm in your blanket and I hope your book has a great ending.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good news on the cats, even with the wince-making fee. Lovely pics of your little ones in the snow. It’s so magical for children. Waistline has expanded here too (chocolate!) I’m going running tomorrow come what may!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We still have quite a lot of snow on the ground here, although the main roads are ok, I saw a few children heading to the park this morning with their sledges. Looks like your grandchildren had fun!
    Glad your cats are ok, vet bills can be very expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures of the grand children. Both very cute little boys! Somehow, snow just brings out the desire for hot chocolate!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely for your grandchildren to be out and playing in the snow. I will never forget the first time my son saw snow, one of my favourite photographs of him is where he is rolling a snowball and getting ready to throw it at me! We don't get snow where we live so it was a real joy. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to see your grandsons enjoying the snow. It must have been relief to hear that the cats are ok, despite that huge bill. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Watching snow through the window under the blanket is the best way to see snow... DH used to pull our daughter along in an old plastic washing basket when she was too small for the sledge, she loved it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails