Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 22 March 2017

Finished

This red shopper is finished
 Useful large front pockets
 Plenty of room inside
sorry about the blurr
 I'm pleased it looks a well balanced bag, with plenty of space.
 More cross stitch, I'm trying to do the huge blocks of colour
I loved this book, it told the story of 5 generations of the same family
 I love the Orchid flower, so interesting
My work mate loved the bag, after work she took it for a test run, a bit of supermarket shopping and it passed. I am pleased with the design, it all worked well, I did like the large size of the bag, it balanced with the longer straps. I have found another different bag on Pintrest to try, this one will be navy and green, it will be for me.
I have done alot on my cross stitching, I really want to get the big blocks of colour done, it's a badge from The Welsh Guards, hubby is an ex guard, I have promised to make him a cushion for ages. Most of the stitching is easy, I just have to be neat as any mistakes will show.
I enjoyed The House by Princess Park, it was set in Liverpool from the early 1900's, parts of the book was predictable, I'm not sure I would buy a book by the author, but I would try reading another.
I don't have much to say tonight, after work, I sat with hubby watching the news from London, the attack on Westminster, another sad day here in UK and Europe, why can't we all live together in peace. I grew up thinking we could stop war's and terror, sadly not the case.

6 comments:

  1. Your bag's fabulous, a good design and it looks good too. The terror attack is terrible, isn't it, a very sad day indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was only thinking the other day I hadnt seen any cross stitch from you for a while, glad your needles are still busy

    ReplyDelete
  3. About twenty years ago I cross-stitched a Royal Engineers Badge for a retirement present for my dad. They are lovely to stitch. Lovely bag. Certainly a sad day.

    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bag is glorious, a blaze of colour. I haven't sewn anything for ages but feel a session coming on. I need more project bags for the knitting,and a quilt back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad the news from our capital.
    The bag looks super, the cross stitch equally as nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the bag passed the "usage" test :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails