Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 15 June 2019

New starts

I love this yarn, Opal is always a good knit, plus the colours here remind me of a summer meadow. I've knitted a short top as these are all for me. 
Thursday we popped to the libary, so I picked up these books, I still have a huge pile at home, but wanted to read authors I love, I have already finished Still me, I could not put it down, a great book as good as the 1st book, and way better than the 2nd book. I'm reading Barbara Erskine next, I have not read any of her books for years. 
Hubby and I spent a great day on Friday at a local spa, just the 2 of us, I got a massage, he had to pass, they don't give masages if you have had an operation in the 12 month previous. We enjoyed a nice lunch, and plenty of rest, as well as using the various things on offer. We sat in a glass roofed section, the sun was really warming, it did us both good.
Thursday we finished the garden with the blue slate around our Magnolia tree, we then popped to town for a couple of things, nothing else came home with us, we did have lunch out.
Today we woke early, have walked to the bakery in the village, and are waiting for my sister and her partner to arrive for the weekend. We have planned a nice meal in tonight, the rest of the time is open to how we feel.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely yarn, lovely socks! I've read one Barbara Erskine novel 'House of Echoes' and it gave me the collywobbles. I'm not a fan of scary reads, although I finished the book. Sounds like a lovely weekend ahead. Best, Jane :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you've had a relaxing few days and a lovely weekend to come. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to tell you I did get some yarn and a pair of needles. Spent last night trying to learn to cast on. Holding the yard feels so awkward right now but I'm sure will get easier. Thank you for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, have fun, enjoy your new addition, post photos when you feel able.

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed Still Me and The Ghost Tree but not a Jodi Picoult fan. I'm liking the colours of wool. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A day at the spa. Sounds delightful. Spending it with your partner is even better. My husband and I like to frequent cafes (not often) for our RnR time. It's nice just to sit in a nice cafe - especially if it has a garden outside, drink coffee and eat a slice of gluten free cake. We get just to be together, and that's really the highlight. Glad you both enjoyed the day together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a nice few days relaxing, I'm itching to get back to my socks but... one thing at a time, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a good weekend with your sister.
    I love the colours in the sock you are knitting, I really must finish mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A day at the spa sounds very nice … I hope you had a wonderful weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails