Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 22 October 2017

Storm Brian

Garden still looking good
all the wires are protecting my Peony 
which I moved last month to the middle of this garden 
 Our tree is OK, still full of leaves
 Finally Grace has started using her basket again
Changing storage units.
Another very good read

It's sunny here, still very breezy, but dry, hubby has gone on a ride out, and will stay at my brothers tonight and be back home tomorrow, so loads of me time.
Storm Brian in the main has passed, as you can see from the garden photo's we had no issues, having the garage in the garden acts as a wind breaker, protecting most of the garden and greenhouse. I have a few things to do in the garden, cutting back, and a pot of spring bulbs to plant, but not today.
It became cold enough for Grace to start using her basket again, she stops using it in late spring, now we do not have to step over her sleeping on our rug.
Yesterday we walked to the village, I always have a look in the charity shops, we found the bedside drawers for £5, brand new in box never been made up. Perfect for the spare bedroom, the smaller unit there was moved to the corner next to hubby's chair, perfect for him. I love a useful bargain.
I did a final read through and spell check on my 2016 book, it was this time last year I was offered the great discount, if the discount does not show, I will wait until January. I have started working on 2017.
I finished reading Cast Iron in the afternoon, I have a pile of books by my chair waiting to read, but I am going to cross stitch instead, I'm not sure which one I will do, I have 3 which require finishing. This afternoon I will be sewing Will's quilt.
Later this morning I have Will for a couple of hours, mummy and daddy are test driving a new family style car, they do require more boot space for all Will's stuff.


9 comments:

  1. I love looking at your garden pictures. They are so pretty. Its starting to get chilly here too. We've had the best fall weather this year!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is probably a wicked thing for me to say, but lucky you for having a whole evening of 'me time'. Since he retired, Himself has rarely left the house without me . . . don't get me wrong he is a wonderful chap and will do anything I ask or help with anything I need, but I was used to him being away one or two nights each week on business, and having him here 24/7 is taking quite some getting used to 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden's looking lovely, glad that Storm Brian hasn't caused any issues. We weren't supposed to get the storm here but it's so windy. Enjoy your time with Will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on finding the new bedside cabinet, it's lovely when you find a bargain like that isn't it.

    It's been extremely blowy here, but no damage other than a few pots being moved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your garden is all still standing. We had a really windy day here, but everything ok. I do love a good rummage in the charity shops, we have quite a few on our high street and in the next village. I had to stop going in them when my little girl was younger as she would always want something and we just had way too many books and toys... now I tend to pop in when I'm by myself.
    Hope you enjoyed your time with Will this morning and your sewing this afternoon. We are just about to sit down and watch the F1 (recorded since I just spent an hour putting Scarlett to bed as she is scared stiff of the fireworks that have been going on) and I think I might pull out some stitching if I can keep my eyes open!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did I tell you I am hooked on the Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich? I am on book 10. I think there are 23-ish in the series.

    I've had some problems in my back . . bad enough to go to the Chiropracter for a couple weeks, and in the evening it feels good to lie flat so I am reading more and more each night.

    LOVE your new set of drawers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear the storm didn't do any damage to your yard. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden looks so good for autumn. And, your kitties are adorable in their beds. I received a new book today in the mail and I'm excited to start reading. We've had a horrible heatwave here in southern California. Hopefully it will be gone in a day or two. I'm glad the storm didn't do any damage to your home. Enjoy your day. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to read the storm didn't cause you any damage, your garden does look lovely.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails