Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 28 October 2017

Spoilt

Hubby got me two books 
 and a lovely plant
 I required a walking foot for quilting
 Daughter got me this book 
 It will last five years and has a different question for each day
I love this, she has a copy as well, and we are filling in each day
it's something to look back on. 
Hubby has been home all week, the plan was to have a few days out, but me feeling under the weather stopped any chance of going out, not that I am bothered I like being at home, I can always find something to do, plus hubby got a relaxing week off. I am feeling much better, still not quite right, but much better.
Friday we needed to pop to town, I wanted a walking foot for my sewing machine to stitch my thicker layers together, I had seen one on Amazon, but did not want to wait for it to arrive. Popped to two shops, got the foot in the second shop for £35, which was more than I expected, but £10 cheaper than the first shop. I also got some thread, all the cost have been added to my stash list.
We wanted to get Major Peake's book, Ask an Astronaut, and after hearing him on the radio saying all the profits made go to charity, we decided to buy it, with so many grand sons it's a perfect book to have. Hubby saw the new Sharon Bolton book, Dead Woman Walking and got it for me (he loves to read her as well), he also got a couple of books for him. I have already started reading the book.
He also purchased the lovely plant at £7 and in a nice ceramic pot, it amazes me how anyone makes a profit, it should flower up to and beyond Christmas.
Friday afternoon I spend time in the garden, I have cut back all the late raspberries, which is a bit early, but I had a pile of leaves to put on the plot which I mulched with farmyard manure, I cut back all my mints and mulched each section. I have planted more bulbs in my back garden, the clay is much looser and I am hoping they grow. In previous years almost all bulbs I planted have rotted, but I have worked on the soil this year, so fingers crossed. I also planted a bit pot with spring bulbs, so I will see some colour.
Last night we had a meal out with a workmate of hubbies and his wife, she is another gardener, so we enjoyed a nice chat and meal. Hubby does a few hours each week driving for a community mini bus service. 
Today is housework!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better, though it sounds as though you've really been under the weather so it will probably take a while until you're fully right. You have been spoilt with books and a plant, lovely. I bought Eleanor one of those Q&A books years ago, she filled some of it in but didn't continue with it, but I think they're good things to look back on if you do complete it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better. Love the question and answer diary.

    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear you're on the mend. Looks like you are going to be keeping busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely thing the Q&A diary is, it would make a nice gift.
    Cyclamen are so lovely with their bright cheery flowers as we head into darker days.
    Nice to read you are feeling a little better.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails