Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 19 October 2017

Dull in so many ways

Two fat quarters,
just because I love the colours and designs.
 We always covered our school books with brown paper
mine always had ban the bomb on them. 
 I have just finished this book
I enjoyed the story, very different from my normal read. 
 My Roses
 Will's Quilt
It's such a dull week here, the sun has hardly shown, very grey and cloudy, I have had lights on in the afternoons. Having said that, we missed all of the storms, just had a few windy days and a bit of rain, along with the strange skies.
Daughter took me out on Tuesday just for a couple of hours, we went to a new to me fabric shop, where I got the two fat quarters shown above, lovely colour on a dull day. The cost has been added to my stash list.
I have finished The Handmaid's Tale, interesting book, different from my normal read, I enjoyed it, the plot is a bit like 'Big Brother as in 1984', I am going to watch the TV adaptation over the weekend, it will be interesting to see how they deal with the plot.
I have also started stitching Will's cot quilt, I am working much slower than normal, but I am pleased with it so far, all the extra time I took when cutting it out has ensured all the corners are neat.  I am home alone on Sunday, so the hope is to get it finished, I have every thing I require to make it.
Hubby cooked a lovely Turkey crown as a roast on Tuesday, he always cooks too many veg's, so I blended the leftovers, added the turkey stock and made soup for lunches for two days, it was lovely. With the leftover turkey, I used an oven proof dish, I had a tray of cooked stuffing, so I cut into cubes and mixed with shredded turkey and cranberry sauce. On the top I cut Parma ham into slices, and reheated in the oven, both hubby and I enjoyed our pie, the sauce kept the meat moist, some of the stuffing was soft and other bits we crispy, the ham crisped up. The colours are bland, so it never looks great, but we both love the taste, it is the first time I have added the ham, and will always make it this way. We always have one meal like this after Christmas, we find it's a good way to get rid of leftover turkey.
I am being very good and taking my antibiotics, and starting to feel a bit better, I will do anything to avoid another day like last Sunday. Plus taking things much slower, I will see mummy and Will this afternoon, just a catch up, so loads of cuddles and laughter.

5 comments:

  1. I like the poppy fabric, that's so pretty. Glad you're starting to feel a bit better. I suppose there'll be lots of bugs flying around now that winter's on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news you are on mend, keep resting and reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news that you are slowly mending. We made a huge pan of soup at the weekend and it's the ultimate fast food in the late afternoon. Looking firward to the quilt-the greys are really lovely. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fabric and I bet those roses smell awesome! Hooray that you are beginning to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. I love the colors of Will's quilt. Our book group is reading the Handmaid's Tale for Nov. I haven't started it yet. Not the kind I usually read.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails