Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 5 October 2017

A day at home

We popped to Fabric land in Southampton
I have added the cost to my stash list. 
 Will this morning, after a sleep over last night
 Today's harvest
 Tidy beds, with a space for a shrub.
 More colour
 This bed is looking good 
 Free plants
12 violets, I want them for the front of my side garden. 
Cutting taken from plants in my garden, there are tiny shoots showing. 
We went to Southampton to visit a fabric shop on Tuesday, loads of Christmas cottons on display, but I am looking for a brushed cotton, I still have two other shops to check out. I did get 4 fat quarters for my hexagons, I have not done much with them, but they are on my list of things to do. After paying £10 to park for 5 hours, next time we will go to a local out of town shopping center with free parking.
We had Will yesterday for a sleep over, he is teething and both mummy and daddy are tired, Will has started waking in the night. So we stepped in and had him overnight, he did wake at 1.30am for 2 hours, he was really good, tired but not able to go back to sleep, so I got up with him and we played quiet games until he was tired again, he then woke at 7.30am, he stayed until just after lunch. Mummy and daddy both got a full night's sleep and are both feeling better today. I will need an early night tonight, but we were happy to be able to help out. He is such a lovely boy and we enjoy having time with him.
This afternoon I have been on my own, I popped into the garden to pick my late raspberries, it was so warm I spent an hour doing little jobs, a quick tidy around, over the weekend I have a couple of bigger task to complete, then the garden will be winter ready. I have moved my Olive bush into the greenhouse, it's always sad when I pack it away, but it will be safe until next spring. Plus my cacti pots are also now safe in the greenhouse. There are still loads of flowers around my plot, I say the same each October, they should be past their best, but it's lovely and warm still.
The raspberries we will have with ice cream tonight, we do enjoy having fresh fruit from our tiny garden. Nothing much is happening here, lazy days. I did pick up my cross stitching the other night, but I was tired so I did not do any stitching.
We had the heating on for the first time last night, we have wooden floors and with Will crawling, I was worried he would be cold, it's turned off again for now.

6 comments:

  1. I love the dotty fabric. I'm sure Will's mummy and daddy will be very grateful for a full night's sleep, it's so draining when you're sleep deprived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love fabric shops. £10 for parking is a bit steep. Similar prices in Oxford hence I don’t go there much. I really appreciate the free parking we have here in West Oxfordshire. A full nights sleep is such a joy for young parents. Hurrah for us grandparents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. £10 for parking is crazy. I still remember sleep deprivation to this day and it's 33 years since my last child! Awful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your dotty fabrics, Marlene. I have my eye out for some polka dot fabric at the moment (blue with white polka dots) for a top I want to sew. I like the little sign you have in one of your garden beds too, I have little whimsical things in my garden too and I think they are lovely. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely spotty fabrics.
    Golly .. £10 is very expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no idea how young mums and dads cope when they do not have helpful family nearby - I know that I am a wrecked zombie when I do not get enough sleep, cannot imagine what it must be like with a fretting little one.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails