Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 6 October 2017

Potty time






I have never had a garden without pots, my last garden had a huge hedge running the whole length and nothing would grow close to the hedge, plus is was a long thin garden, so I collected pots. I have very few plastic pots, plus I use a few items which are not for gardening, I like to mix things up.
Above are some of my lovely flower displays, mixture of summer flowers and new season flowers.
I did start to cut back on my pots, just keeping the really pretty pots, then I got the bug to grow fruit and most of the bushes are in pots.
Using a pot allows me to grow things where I do not have a garden, along the decking by the fence is a very sunny spot and I have loads of fruit bushes.
I have just planted a rhubarb crown in a huge pot, again I have not purchased this pot, it was in the corner of the front garden, a friend has their rhubarb in a huge pot, which works for them in their small garden.
On the downside, I have sorted all my beds, moved my peony, planted a nice shrub and spread 3 bags of farmyard manure around the plot, so outside stinks, but it's all winter ready. I have packed away all my bits and bobs around the plot, no lovely birds on show.
First thing this morning I changed our sitting room around to the winter setting, mainly ensuring the sofa is no longer in front of the radiator. Plus there is now room for our huge Christmas tree, because in 8 weeks it will be December.
Just had the best ever shower a lovely bacon roll and strong cup of coffee, so it's rest time, we are out tonight for a meal with Will, mummy, Daddy and my brother Martin.

6 comments:

  1. I used to have lots of pots in the garden, I still have a fair few but I've cut back a lot as I got fed up of having to water them all in dry weather, they do take some keeping up to. They do look lovely though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely having dinner with your family. I love using pots. I have several on my deck and even several in my yard and garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your pots. I will have to buy all new pots as I could not bring them with us when we left Missouri to come to Arkansas. I remember once I had a galvanized bucket. I laid it on it's side and planted blue flowers a little inside it and coming out like water into the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cyclamen pot caught my eye, they always make me think Christmas is round the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The good thing with pots is you can move them around and change the look with ease, 8 weeks until December, it's coming quick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE pot in the garden but I always have trouble keeping them wet enough for good growth. Sometimes I just put neat pots in the garden for decoration.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails