Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 12 February 2016

My happy post

Hubbys present from me
I normally don't do Valentines, 
but there is a new local shop  with great prices. 
Sam loved it as soon as he saw it.
 One way to learn music
Sam came after school yesterday
 Our poor Magnolia tree
Weather burnt buds and loads of new buds
 The sky last evening, after the bad frosty start
the day turned out bright and dry
 These were waiting for me when I got home last night
Hubby got me flowers to celebrate my happy news, and it's real happy news, I finished work today at 12.15, and I have next week off, with nothing to do but stay at home. Grandsons will be involved because it is half term.
On 22 February I start a new job, I got an interview as soon as I put my CV out, and I got the job, handed my notice in yesterday, only one week required and asked to finish today. Was let go, so other than sadness for leaving a few of my work friends behind, no more having to listen to the horrible woman who is now dominating the office. Plus better conditions, more days holiday per year and a pay rise. Last Wednesday I spent the afternoon with the new company, a suggestion I made to ensure I would be happy with the work and new office, they jumped at the chance to try me out. So again I am starting a new role, this one is permanent.
So plans for next 9 days,
Hair cut tonight. 
Tomorrow a lunch at home for friends old and new. 
Tomorrow evening Valentines ball at HMS Collinswood (local Naval base). 
Sunday free.
Next week, lunch with Ann on Wednesday, 
sewing machine out, rest, read, gardening and 
HAVE FUN.

18 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new venture - sounds like you will be very happy.
    Love the cushion
    Julie xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the new job Marlene, that's brilliant news, you must be so pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the new job, nothing worse than having to put up with horrible people, enjoy your break and have fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new job. So pleased it all worked out well for you. No more ambiguity about your job's future, no more annoying work colleague and a new challenge with new people to meet. Sounds perfect. I look forward to hearing how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the new job Marlene. Enjoy your week off.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fantastic news. Well done X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations with your new job. Have a lovely few days off with the family.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations and good luck in the new job. Recipe for next week's sounds lovely, hope you have a lovely time

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your new job. I hope it is everything you want. Enjoy your half term xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The new job sounds wonderful! Congratulations! Now enjoy these next few days off!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is the most adorable pillow.

    Congratulations on the new job ! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good news and good luck with the new job! Have a wonderful break and fun with those cute little boys!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just love the cushion, and what great news about your new job.
    Wishing you good-luck and also wishing you a very Happy Weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your new job, I hope you'll be very happy there. Love the cute cushion, what a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, I'm so happy for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic!!! Congratulations to you!!! I am so pleased for you that you are leaving the horridness behind. I bet that you handing in your notice was quite a shock for them, I hope they were sorry to see you go, but I don't suppose that you were sorry to say goodbye! I hope that your new job and colleagues will be wonderful! Happy Valentines! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations, it must be a huge relief to leave behind a poisonous atmosphere. I hope it's all you wish for. x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails