Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 4 September 2024

Books again

 I had high hopes for this book, it was a slower plot, for me it did not build as it promised and was not the page turner style of his other books I have read. A clever plot, the main witness is blind, some of the police activities was strange, ego's at work. Book 57 read this year. 

This was great from the beginning, just an average family moving into an old house, the plot grew with the husband being the main player, it's always good to discover what's hidden in your home, isn't it, another book I could not put down. Book 58 read this year.  
I enjoyed this book, just an ordinary couple, their induvial past's catch up with them, how they carry on with a young son growing up, life is never simple, as a teenager their son does something stupid, what would you do. Book 59 read this year.
Another good story with a misleading title until the end, it built nicely the story unfolded, adding different people to help or divert the plots. I really enjoyed this book, it's on the Richard and Judy book list, and I can understand why. Book 60 read this year.

Family life, sisters helping each other, one goes to the others holiday home, leaving the children home with their aunt. There is a murder, they rush home, what's happening to their lives, who has done this. Perfect plot for me, just an average mum wanting answers. Book 61 read this year
Another new author for me, I was worried 'Harry' was a successful published author, just engaged to Edward, who comes from one of the richest American families, but I read on. This is a clever plot, a English woman who living in USA, self made  not forgetting her roots. It twisted through the pages, with a clever ending, some of which I guessed. Book 62 read this year.
I picked this book because it was set in Australia, in truth it could have been anywhere, a clever plot, sending doubts and questions at every turn, can you believe what you see, have you got things wrong. I read this book quickly as I wanted to see what happens next, very clever ending. Book 63 read this year.



These are all library books, I am branching out to new to me authors, which is fun, to open a book and not know who or how the story will unfold, pure bliss. Nothing much to do outside, enjoy the view and harvest a few things. I should be working on my 2023 book, I have promised myself I will make inroads this month. 

The evenings are now darker, lights are being turned on, my garden twinkles at night with the solar lights, cooler mornings, which I do like, we are have more rainy days, still sunny, but the warmth has gone. The season is changing, for me it's a sad time, the garden is closing, the brightly coloured blooms are fading, I can see gaps, so it will be time to pack things away until next spring. I do love the colours of autumn, and I do love bare trees, their true shape, the shadows they create, I don't cut back my flower beds, the plants are left for wildlife.  


6 comments:

  1. I am waiting for garlic and winter onion sets to come in store and I can plant them. I also want some Spring cabbage plants. I am topping up the new raised beds with fym when we harvest the crops. So much to do for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skeletons of trees are very attractive. Most of the trees and shrubs in our garden are evergreen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read The Wrong Sister from all your titles, I enjoyed it too. I'm trying to read different genre at the moment, I've gone off crime a little.
    I've spend another couple of hours in the garden today, almost done now, there is too much to leave till Spring, it would be very hard work if I did

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not read anything by any of those authors you mention. I do generally stick to the same favourite authors, but need to branch out as it's getting to the point where I've read most of their books now. Yes our garden is going over quite quickly now, which is sad really.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a good lot of books you've read.

    Yes, the nights are drawing in now, I do like the Autumn season though.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have only been able to read for an hour or so in the evenings before going to sleep. Hope to read much more once winter sets it's icy fingers into the weather. Still working the garden here.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails