Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 22 October 2024

Valencia

 We visited the town hall, it's public building free to enter, here we are on the first floor, taking a selfie, our friends caught us, making a better photo thans ours.
I really love this view of the chandelier, taken from underneath, this building is so opulent, everywhere you look, is beautiful. 
Most people visit here to view the city from the balcony, it is stunning, a mixture of building styles and heights, the streets below were full of people, Tuesday is a market day, loads of streets full of clothes, shoes, sewing and household wares, none of which you want to buy, but interesting to see.


The rail station is stunning, they have major works inside, but the front is beautiful, I have more photos on older post, if you check my label Spain on my sidebar, I'm not able to add links using my tablet. 

The north gate has been restored, on our walking tour we were informed this gate and one other ( there was many more) survived when the city walls were removed to allow the city to grow, this gate was for male prisoners and the other for women.


Valencia is a stunning city, plenty of places to see, it has a huge food market near the cathedral, always worth a visit, loads of places for coffee and cakes and places for meals. The city has a huge dry riverbed, they moved the river from the city centre, it is now a green space and perfect for walks, closeby is the science park, which I have blogged about, you would need a day to visit, very modern, well worth the visit. There is a huge bullring which I have never entered.

 

Jaycee, I'm hoping I am selling the city to you, it's beautiful, most places we find someone who can speak English which helps with our limited Spanish.

4 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails