Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 6 September 2024

38

 Today is our wedding anniversary, 38 years ago we made our relationship legal, we moved in together on May 1984 (40 years ago), these days we celebrate much simpler, I don't need huge bunches of flowers, chocolates or meals out. We have nothing planned, a day at home, the weather will decide what we will do, and fish and chips for tea, we had a Chinese takeaway earlier in the week. 

I found the photo above this week, who are those young people and how quickly we have become the couple below, in the 90's my job entailed I always had to power dress, hubby always wore a suit for work, I had so much hair, sadly hubby's was on it way.

YP just for you.

Will's back to school photo from Tuesday morning, he looks so grown up, he started juniors and was happy to be back with his friends, they have been together since their first day of school. Years ago we would have loads of first day school photo's but sadly distance and indifference has seen hubby's children not sending photo's. George had a very good first visit and starts half day all next week, if all goes well he will be in full time the following week.

Nothing much is happening here, dull days, we are having huge rain storms, the yellow weather warning is in place until later this evening, it did not stop raining at all yesterday, they have forecast almost a months rain in just 2 days. I have planned the winter vegetables for both raised beds, it a case of waiting until the summer things come to an end. I am reading loads, it's lovely to be able to lose myself in someone else's story, hubby is a book worm as well. I did spend a few hours on my 2023 book, I've almost imported the first three months, it's a good start.

I am starting to think of crafting, I want to knit, I have far too many pairs of socks, and don't really need any jumpers, I do have loads of scraps of 4ply, so maybe a knitted blanket, which would keep my hands busy for ages. I have also pulled out my cross stitch, I started earlier in the year, I have hardly done anything, time to plan, I also have a few Christmas decorations I want to make with needle felting.

I am feeling much better, our world has calmed down, less worry and stress, with our anniversary and hubby's birthday both in the same week, it's been a bit of a treat week, making both of us feel happier. 

14 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!
    Will looks very smart. Children look older in uniform, somehow.
    It's another day of rain for us, too, and lots of thunder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your life has calmed down and is much less stressful. Your photos are lovely. We've had a bit of a stressful summer, for totally different reasons, but things are calming down here too, which I'm glad for. Enjoy your anniversary. Simple celebrations are the best in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations - hope you have a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a happy week.
    I have a blanket that my mother crocheted one winter, usiing up all her wool scraps. It was a good project, and I smile now whenever I see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary! The little video made me smile :-) Will looks so smart and all grown up, hope he has a great school year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary. I love the photos of the two of you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I totally agree with everything that you say dearest, lol, but don't I always. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary. Hope you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy happy Anniversary! Lovely photos!
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your Wedding Anniversary. Hope you enjoyed your special day together. Also belated wishes to your hubby. Great video :-)
    Glad things are settling down a little bit now and you are feeling like doing a bit of crafting. Hope Will and George have a good start to the school year.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The video made me chuckle. Belated Anniversary and Birthday wishes. Xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails