Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 8 March 2024

Purdy

I have always loved this photo, she has always tucked herself back, watching what is going on around her.
Loves to sleep on the corner of our rug.
Always out in the garden with me.

We are now a one cat household, Purdy started acting differently on Monday, her breathing was different, but in every other way, she was herself, by Wednesday evening she was in her basket and not wanting to come out. Thursday we booked her into the vets, where immediately the vet wanted to do a scan, our lovely lady was truly unwell. The vet suggested at her age, and her symptoms, realistically there was little she could suggest. So we came home without her, I sat with her for the final injection, not an easy task, but I could not let her be alone.

She came to us as a stray, took time to settle as a house cat, but became part of the family, though younger than Grace, she soon became her protector, keeping other cats out of our garden. Always followed me out into the garden, again watching me, coming closer at coffee time for lots of love. 13 years she lived with us, each day a pleasure to have her.

15 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so sorry to read this. She had a lovely life with you and you are privileged that she chose you to love her and look after her. Grace will be wondering where she is. Little animals leave such big holes in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Marlene, Purdy was a lovely looking cat. She had a lovely life with you, and repaid you with love and cuddles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry your beautiful cat passed away. You gave her a long and beautiful life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so sorry to hear this. Our furry family leave huge holes in our hearts when they leave us. Sending you a big hug xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sympathies. We parted with both our ancient cats last year...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to read about your cats passing. I hope in time you get another cat or kitten.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending hugs your way...these are the days I dread.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to read this.

    That first photograph is especially lovely, you must have so many wonderful memories.
    My condolences.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry to read this. Purdy had wonderful parents in you both and you gave her a wonderful life.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry for your loss. Our pets are part of the family and leave a big hole in our lives when they go. I'm sure Grace will miss Purdy as much as you do, it must be hard for them too but they can't express it. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very sorry to hear about Purdy. Sending best wishes, it's a truly awful sadness!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry for your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry to read this, Marlene. Sending lots of love. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry to hear about Purdy. Such a hard loss when one of our animal family is no longer with us. She will be missed by Grace as well. Thinking of you today x

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry to read that sad news. Purdy will always be in your heart, we never forget them do we.
    www.mylifeinflipflops.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails