Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 14 March 2024

Not doing much

This is so pleasing, Grace has took to this new basket in our office, she sleeps alongside us now most mornings, she is still following us everywhere, slowing getting use to being the only cat. She has always been my cat, but in the last few days she is going to hubby more, she knows he is missing Purdy, she has become vocal, chattering away through the day.

Mummy got Molly's fringe cut, her hair was always in her eyes, suddenly she looks so grown up, but to me this photo could be mummy, other than the blonde hair, Molly is just the same as her mum. The hairdresser did a pretty style and added the 2 daisy clips. George had his hair cut as well, he was not so happy, but did not cry this time, so an improvement. 

I'm going to have another go at growing peanuts, I manage to get this pack of Monkey nuts (it's an English term), the nuts grow underground much like potatoes, which I really find interesting. I will only use a few, so I will scatter the rest for squirrels, in hope they don't bury too many in our garden. I can't remember when I last tried this, could not find anything in my labels on the side of my page. 

This book has characters I already know, it was an earlier story than the one I had already read, which did not spoil the plot at all, again I love it. He is now on my good authors list, book 21 read this year.  I have already stated I have read book 21, but I made a miscount, and this is definitely book 21 read this year.

Another good book, I do love a book with an average person, who is thrown into a difficult situation,  this plot twist and turned, is other people good or bad, are they helping or not, loved it to the end. Book 22 read this year.


It's been mixed here, mad cat woman next door, decided last Friday night to have a pop at us regarding our back garden sensor lights, which have been in place for years, they are too bright for her, she will not close her bedroom curtains, we have both ignored her and not heard anymore, she does choose her moments. 

This week I worked on my 2022 book, adding another 2 months, I hope to have it finished before too long, we also defrosted our fridge freezer in the garage, it had been making strange noises, we then moved the kitchen fridge freezer out to the garage ready for a delivery of a new fridge freezer for the kitchen, neither of us wanted to wait until it fails, the freezer section is always full. In a mad moment we also ordered a new cooker, so both items are due today, and the old models will taken away, both were purchased at our old house, both served us well.

Bloody rain is keeping us inside, we do try and walk around the park most days and down to the village, its not as heavy as before. I am really starting to feel well, just so tired, I've not been to a Pilates class yet, hopefully by the end of the month. Today I have a parcel due to arrive, something hubby encouraged me to get, should be last big things for the raspberry bed in the garden.

10 comments:

  1. Peanut growing sounds interesting 🤔.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace's bed is very pretty. It's good that she's taken to it - cats can be awfully picky sometimes.
    I remember trying to grow peanuts once - you've inspired me to try again:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace normally hates new baskets, but she is wanting to be close to us, and her igloo basket is too warm for use in our office.

      Delete
  3. I've not read a Harlan Coben book, but hubby has. We rarely read similar books. Sounds like you're gearing up for garden work with spring upon us. Cute picture of your granddaughter, and I love the daisy's in her hair. Popped in from a mutual friends blog, it's always fun to meet new bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peanuts! Hope all your new goodies arrived in good order.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace looks very comfy in her new bed
    I like the photograph of Molly, a very nice haircut.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Father-in-law planted peanuts two years. He even roasted them and my they tasted great.

    God bless.
    If this comes through twice I am so very sorry, but I couldn't remember if I hit publish or not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just come across this on the BBC Science Focus website: https://www.sciencefocus.com/nature/peanuts-freaky-growth-cycle
    Thought it might be of interest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Molly looks so cute in the photograph. I've never tried growing peanuts, but sometimes the nuts the squirrels bury and forget about do start sprouting, but I tend to weed them out. It sounds a fun thing to try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've not tried growing peanuts but I am going to try growing loofah again this year.
    Sweet picture of Purdy in her new bed.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails