Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 10 March 2024

Mothering Sunday

On Friday we had visitors, mummy and daddy came with George and Molly, we were happy with the diversion, so loads of happy smiles, we played outside for a while in sunshine, it was cooler, but running around kept us warm. George was happy to wave goodbye to them and happily played with puzzles, he enjoys them and is not so frustrated any more. 
Hubby got me some lovely flowers, I don't purchase cut flowers anymore, but he decided these would add colour to our room, they are lovely, I do have my cards up, daughter gave me a gift voucher for a local garden centre, they have very good quality plants. Hubby also got me a few bits for the garden, none of them a surprise, all required and will be used.
This cactus flowered last November, it sits on our downstairs bathroom window sill, it's a sunny spot, it did flower more than once last year. I almost moved it to the kitchen window sill, but decided it should stay where it is. Last year after it bloomed I turned the pot around the the other side bloomed, I will do that again, just waiting to see these lovely flowers again. 
Another good book, it started as a husband and wife story, but grew to involve other women the now ex-husband was using, a good plot, clever story, I enjoyed reading it. I have read this author before and always enjoy her stories. Book 21 read this year. 

George was very good, we had dinosaurs in our bathtub, loads of splashing, and after reading books he was tired, he did get up a couple of times before settling, which is normal for him. He slept all through the night, Grace did not have a good night and wondered all through the house, she woke George and myself about 6am. Mummy came and collected him on her own, so we had a lovely chat with her. The afternoon was quiet, Grace was following me around, so I sat and read with her on my lap.

Thank you for your kind comments, it's is hard to lose a pet, Purdy was the younger of our two, so our focus had been on Grace and ensuring she was OK, cats do mask their illness, we were unaware of any issues until Monday evening, on Wednesday evening we knew she needed help and called the next morning. Our vets were wonderful, she immediately saw the issues, and scanned Purdy to see what was happening, Purdy had heart and lung issues which gave us no choice on the outcome. We had made a agreement  many years ago, any decisions would always be based on their health and not our feelings. We do not have any cat insurance, we stopped a few years ago, when both cats stopped going outside our garden, the prices were rising very fast for older cats, and we had never made a claim, hubby walked to vet to pay our bill, they were lovely, told him he could have waited until the following week.  


7 comments:

  1. The flowers give lovely colour to your room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely flowers and good to see that George settled happily.
    Poor Grace - they don't understand and Purdy's scent will still be everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flowers are lovely.

    Dinosaurs in the bathtub, sounds fun :)
    I do like that picture of George enjoying his puzzle.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mothering Sunday to you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing like the energy and joy of children playing as a distraction. Especially when it involves dinosaurs in the bath. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely bright cheery flowers from your hubby :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry you lost your little furry friend , sending you a hug 💗I also enjoyed the hugs of my Grandchildren on Mothering Sunday . So precious ! 💐Have a great week ! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails