Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 31 October 2023

October round up


I have had an expensive month, mostly on bulbs, a few plants, and packets of seeds, the creation of the new flower bed took the most of the cost, I can't wait until next spring. I have changed a title on my stash spend list from glass to other crafts, I popped the lino cutting kit and some more blades cost there. 

I did buy some new knickers and some socks, I dislike scruffy underwear, a trip to M&S, hubby got some vest, he's beginning to feel the cold, shorts are now packed away until next year. Heating is not on everyday, we have been boosting for an hour on colder evenings. 

We saved loads in the garden refit by recycling so much from the decking, the top soil was a necessary expensive purchase, as were the bulbs. So far we have spent under £400, which is brilliant. 

Our trip back to Somerset incurred more takeaways than normal, we ate 'out' three days in a row, I had saved for our lunches out. I was good a ignored Christmas items for sale.

No food waste, we having been purchasing the special diet foods for Molly and George, both have issues with dairy, and Molly has problems with soya, but I always give mum the bits not eaten to take home. 

My weight is still the same, my steps are showing lower, but I was without my fitbit for 5 days, so I am looking at my weekly totals this month, which shows I average 6,000 steps every day. 

7 comments:

  1. It's good to see where the money's going and why. Your garden will repay you tenfold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're doing the same with heating, we're just boosting at the moment but it's November tomorrow so I'm sure it will be turned on properly soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good daily amount of steps. I've had quite an expensive month too on account of quite a bit of gift buying, but there'll be more of that to come in November and December, so I might as well get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to do up our budget for this month. Not really looking forward to the total spent.

    You are getting those steps in. Good for you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have just been away for a few days so a few extra expenses were incurred. Heating is starting to go on when it gets particularly chilly but not for too long yet. Have a good rest of the week whatever you are doing x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, we've been doing the same with our heating, but we'll have to wait and see what the weather brings this month. It's certainly starting stormy with Storm Ciaran, quite a few schools are shutting!

    Happy November wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes one just needs new knickers! The garden will repay you in spades. It is so joyful to watch all the sprigs and sprouts emerge in the spring, well worth it IMO!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails